UOB painting of the year

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/what-is-buzzing/what-do-you-think-of-the-uob-painting-of-the-year-for-singapore-083941742.html

Not to take anything away from the winner but think I'll send in a black board next year. Heck, I'll do better...... I'll send in a black board with doodles by a 3-year old.

Ah sorry mate. I will go one better. I send in a primed canvas and it shall be called WIP. I already have the synopsis. It is likened to life. It's a constantly evolving and ongoing piece of work bla bla bla. :D

Wait let's combine. You do black canvas i do white canvas and we call it The Duality of Life

This reminds me of a certain group in Facebook :think:

:bsmilie:

Got the digital version of it. It's called: Lens cap still on.

"According to Channel NewsAsia, Singapore-based Korean artist Om Mee Ai was behind the artwork, which is made using oil on canvas, consisting of "57 layers of colour" although it appears like a big black square."

And garment is questioning why productivity is so low. :bsmilie:

"According to Channel NewsAsia, Singapore-based Korean artist Om Mee Ai was behind the artwork, which is made using oil on canvas, consisting of "57 layers of colour" although it appears like a big black square."

And garment is questioning why productivity is so low. :bsmilie:

Don'ch pray pray ok! Foreign talents are good!

it not the artist's fault. the camera sensor is not good enough to capture "57 layers of colour".

I am not defending anyone but I agree: paintings (can) have textures and other 3-D effect (for example, differences in hue and color when viewed from different angle) that a photograph cannot reveal. Best to see for oneself the real thing.