UOB Buildings

May 12, 2011
1. in what area is critique to be sought?

Seeking comments and critiques for composition. all other C&Cs welcome

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

To hopefully improve on various perspective architecture shots

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

9pm, light drizzle. iso 100 @ f/18 20secs

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

personally like the contrast of the buildings against the sky

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
Identify which are the 'attractive' elements in your image. In this case, I like the reflection of the 2nd tower and the serial replication of the 1st tower facing wall. I don't see the need to put in the 2nd tower as it adds nothing constructive, just a distraction jutting into the frame.

As it usually is the style of composition, either have many buildings in frame or isolate your main subject. Consider slapping on a ND filter for cloud movement, make the night sky more interesting if your including it.

May 12, 2011
thank u. i will bear ur comments and advice in mind :)

Identify which are the 'attractive' elements in your image. In this case, I like the reflection of the 2nd tower and the serial replication of the 1st tower facing wall. I don't see the need to put in the 2nd tower as it adds nothing constructive, just a distraction jutting into the frame.

As it usually is the style of composition, either have many buildings in frame or isolate your main subject. Consider slapping on a ND filter for cloud movement, make the night sky more interesting if your including it.

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
A couple of technical issues:

1. dust spots - at least clone/heal them out.
2. highlights blow on building on the right - This can be avoided either by black card, or PP.
3. Picture seems a tad soft. Is your tripod very steady? Also know that cars passing by hard ground can cause vibrations as well.

qammie

Jan 6, 2011
www.silaskhua.com
its actually the result of noise reduction in LR / PS that is causing the blurness or OOF that seems apparent here...

perhaps can have a bit more sharpening and less NR.....

Top Bottom