Unused railway tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangoninazero

Feb 25, 2003
Green Mile
tangoninazero.clubsnap.org
:) Hi there, any one knows the location of any unused railway tracks in Singapore, exact location to find them will be welcomed. Need to find locations for my coming wedding shots. Hope to find locations which doesnt really look common. Advises are welcome......
Now the problem is to convince my fiancee to brave the mosquitoes for these unique place.

Thanks in advanzzzeeee.:angel:

u can try the track around the vicinity of gombak base..

u can try the track around the vicinity of gombak base..

there a little hard and dangerous bro. my friend got brushed by an on coming train which left his right leg shattered.

U can try the cargo side near Spottiswoode. Best time is Sun when workers are not around

there a little hard and dangerous bro. my friend got brushed by an on coming train which left his right leg shattered.

:bigeyes:

Disused?

Try Sunset Way. On the opposite bank of the river (or stream) there's a disused track running in front of the flats.

Disused for over 15 years. Some people had established a 'farm' there. Safe to go in, they are quite friendly. Formerly the Jurong Line which had been shut down.

maybe if you are nice to the station master at the Bukit Timah station, he'll let you shoot. it's a great place to shoot over there. somemore got shelter... :thumbsup:

Disused?

Try Sunset Way. On the opposite bank of the river (or stream) there's a disused track running in front of the flats.

Disused for over 15 years. Some people had established a 'farm' there. Safe to go in, they are quite friendly. Formerly the Jurong Line which had been shut down.

he is correct. But do be careful when crossing the overhead rail....fall through either u hit the canal waters or the concrete structures supporting the bridge.

One of the last beautiful structures left in singapore. It will be a pity if someone demolishes/renovate/revamp/addstupidadditionalfixtures to it.

:sweatsm:

Be very careful when walking along the track or attempting to cross the bridge across the stream. Erosion had caused the ground to be washed away under the tracks at a few sections. As for the bridge, it had not been maintained for over 15 years now. Left to rush. Btw, it doesn't have a 'floor'.

I agree that the Sunset Way railbridge is beuatiful AND that after years of neglect, dunno how stable it is. It's very wobbly and should any part give way, it's a long drop down. Don't attempt to walk across it.

I concur, it is a good place to take photos near the Sportiswoode area as I believe that you can also have the beautiful Church as the background.

Somewhere near the Sporstiwoode bungalow, there is a front porch with a beautiful middle eastern door and light fixture, good for photography.

HTH.

maybe if you are nice to the station master at the Bukit Timah station, he'll let you shoot. it's a great place to shoot over there. somemore got shelter... :thumbsup:

Agree to this.
Your car can also can right beside the railway track

the sunset way track is nice but as some bros have pointed out, erosion has caused scaling of the small slope hard at most times. u need to scale the slope to reach the track. considering the fact tat ur wife is going to be in a long gown, i dun think it's feasible. moreover, the track has been unused for quite some time. i went there to shoot before. the track feels unstable, so i suggest u find another spot.

If you want to take wedding pics at railway tracks maybe you can try the other side of the railway station, enter via blair road. That area is a railway depot. I had my wedding album shoot there.

Be very careful when walking along the track or attempting to cross the bridge across the stream. Erosion had caused the ground to be washed away under the tracks at a few sections. As for the bridge, it had not been maintained for over 15 years now. Left to rush. Btw, it doesn't have a 'floor'.

please also note that u will need to climb over the a drain railing, walk along long grass and yes, be careful while walking on the bridge, corrosion had taken place and there is not "floor" has to walk on the plank and those plank is quite far apart..

b4 shoot gown is white, end of gown gown dunno wad colour... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.