Unsure on How to clean camera properly..

weeloong

Jan 4, 2011
Hi...

While cleaning might seem rather straight forward (blower to blow off the bunnies)...

There are still some doubts on how to use the other parts of the cleaning kit. For eg. The lens pen.

I assume it's for direct use on the lens itself, but is anyt that should be done before applying it on the lens itself?

Appreciate for seniors to share thier tips on caring for their cams..

Perhaps any recommended cleaning kits and what to do should dust get into the 'inside' surface of the lens...

Thax

hi, the usage of the lenspen can be found here.
http://www.lenspen.com/403/30/
if there's a stubborn stain, breath gently on the lens before using the lenspen.
also if there's dust in the barrel, just leave it alone unless you are anal then send it to the service center for cleaning.
reason why the dust does not show up is because the light bends too much through the subsequent elements for the dust or scratch to be visible in the image.

Last edited:
Hi...

Perhaps any recommended cleaning kits and what to do should dust get into the 'inside' surface of the lens...

Thax

It's common to have dust everywhere... my 80-200mm f2.8 seems to have noticeable dust in the front element but it doesn't show up during wide open or stopped down to f16...
don't really need to be too nit pit on dust in lens...

I guess just some common sense will do.
- don't use too much force if making direct contact with the surface of the lens, to reduce likelihood of leaving behind scratches, etc.
- if applying some cleaning solution, just be careful that it will not cause harm to the lens coating.

other than that I think there's no need to fret too much.
If really feel worried about it, can leave it to an experienced person. Just need to pay some $ :)

Search YouTube on 'Lenspen'.
A clip there to show u how to use and the features on it