"Unofficial" photo coverage of Bush's visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
Anybody like to cover photographically the visit of US President G Bush on Oct 21-22 in Singapore. Unofficially, of course. what can be gleaned from reports in newspapers are his itinerary: President Nathan at Istana, PM Goh and Cabinet members. Possible stakeout locations are Changi airport VIP complex, US embassy, Istana, etc.

In 1992, i happened to walked into the visit of George Bush Senior, I think when he visited one office block at Raffles City. I saw teams of SWAT-like security with sub machineguns openly in LandRovers. Imagine what kind of security will be in place in view of current increased terrorists threats, wars in Afganistan and Iraq.

Anyone keen to share on our SPF STAR and SAF Special Forces ?

reachme2003 said:
Anybody like to cover photographically the visit of US President G Bush on Oct 21-22 in Singapore. Unofficially, of course. what can be gleaned from reports in newspapers are his itinerary: President Nathan at Istana, PM Goh and Cabinet members. Possible stakeout locations are Changi airport VIP complex, US embassy, Istana, etc.

In 1992, i happened to walked into the visit of George Bush Senior, I think when he visited one office block at Raffles City. I saw teams of SWAT-like security with sub machineguns openly in LandRovers. Imagine what kind of security will be in place in view of current increased terrorists threats, wars in Afganistan and Iraq.

I would suspect if u go there with big 70-200s, the swat team will consider u possible threats if u shoot w/o a press pass. Theres already a lot of big hooha about hobbyists being warned off when shooting in certain places, would definitely be worse when trying to shoot the Primary target of JI and AQ.

reachme2003 said:

why would u need information on our Spec ops? :p the information supposed to be confidential -- their faces were masked too.

dress up as a swat team mate.. and infiltrate the ranks..
I am sure you can even get macro coverage of Bush's bush in his nostrils.

Nobody is asking for classified information about STAR or SOF. Only sharing what is publicly available. Certainly not an offence.

At their open house, SOF had a tent with equipment, paraphernalia. SOF personnel without hoods were on hand to share info. Similiarly, for STAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.