Unofficial Event Photography Courtesy Poll...

What's your priority in a event shoot...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zplus

Mar 16, 2002
Some equitorial, tropical isle
Ok, here is the Poll for all those who are there for the fun of it or to improve your skills...

No biting, kicking, bitching or flaming.....:flame:

If you are a unpaid hobbyist photographer at an event, what would you consider to be your priority??

i find it would be good to learn. i learn to make the shoots i like and with what i have. make friends and learn more. not there to cause a fight.

hmm.. imho, enjoy the shoot, try not to offend anyone and still get the shot.

i thhot any hobby is for us to enjoy?

if shoot competitively, just to get the photos, block the audience, irritate the official photogs, will the unofficial photog still enjoy? :confused:

i thhot any hobby is for us to enjoy?

if shoot competitively, just to get the photos, block the audience, irritate the official photogs, will the unofficial photog still enjoy? :confused:

alternative competition? you know, like how kids like to compare whose toys are bigger and forget that toys are for playing with, not comparing :sweat:

Hmmm... this Poll seems to be less popular then the other one... I thought there would be loads of hobbyist doing events...;)

From what I know, quite some casual event shooting never visit ClubSNAP before...

shooting a non paying event can have many reasons.

perhaps you're friend might be performing. perhaps that event has your idol that you admire, perhaps you like that performance alot.

if you're friend's performing, or you have an idol performing, i believe most out there would just shoot away. piority to the pictures, but not to the extent of irritating people.

if it's any other scenerios, then why bother? :dunno:

cause they don't give a damn? so i guess u got ur answer. lol

i don't give a damn to erxin de "Pro", i will shoot anyone who have no basic courtesy.lol:bsmilie:

Ok, here is the Poll for all those who are there for the fun of it or to improve your skills...

If you are a unpaid hobbyist photographer at an event, what would you consider to be your priority??

I remember in recent times only once... at the Standard Chartered Run, where i surprised a friend by taking shots of him at the finishing line... it's really a test of skills, maybe time & faith as well, so many thousands of ppl crossing the line... luckily i knew he wore orange tank top.

I remember many ppl near the finishing line at the sides trying to take photos of their friends too... in the end i did manage to get shots of him... i used the tele end of the zoom as a bino... but hand held... i was still courteous & care around ppl beside me & infront of me... behind me was actually a korean man with a dSLR also... i was constantly being blocked by a bunch of balloons :bsmilie: but i had no where else to move to... the korean man actually helped me to hold the balloons away... i thanked him... infront of me is a girl, young lady... whom using Nikon D50... i actually struck up a conversation with her , both of us there for the same purpose... her subject is her b/f... we actually chatted abt how exciting we were... both of us doing this for the first time & unrehearsed. She said her b/f is not too hard to spot, as he is "tall, tan & muscular..." (in my mind i was like :cool: & :blah: )... i told her my friend is not too hard to spot too, "in orange, short, round & fat..." :bsmilie:

I left first as my 'short, round & fat' friend crossed the finishing line first, than her 'tall, tan & muscular' boyfriend. :bsmilie:

Yup, since its a casual shoot, chat and make some friends! The key is to have fun with photography. :)

I remember in recent times only once... at the Standard Chartered Run, where i surprised a friend by taking shots of him at the finishing line... it's really a test of skills, maybe time & faith as well, so many thousands of ppl crossing the line... luckily i knew he wore orange tank top.

I remember many ppl near the finishing line at the sides trying to take photos of their friends too... in the end i did manage to get shots of him... i used the tele end of the zoom as a bino... but hand held... i was still courteous & care around ppl beside me & infront of me... behind me was actually a korean man with a dSLR also... i was constantly being blocked by a bunch of balloons :bsmilie: but i had no where else to move to... the korean man actually helped me to hold the balloons away... i thanked him... infront of me is a girl, young lady... whom using Nikon D50... i actually struck up a conversation with her , both of us there for the same purpose... her subject is her b/f... we actually chatted abt how exciting we were... both of us doing this for the first time & unrehearsed. She said her b/f is not too hard to spot, as he is "tall, tan & muscular..." (in my mind i was like :cool: & :blah: )... i told her my friend is not too hard to spot too, "in orange, short, round & fat..." :bsmilie:

I left first as my 'short, round & fat' friend crossed the finishing line first, than her 'tall, tan & muscular' boyfriend.

i just took a photo of a rude photog, should i post??? he seems rich leh...

Status
Not open for further replies.