unofficial "Competition" between Canon & Nikon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnka

Apr 16, 2003
Singapore
has anyone seen these threads at DPReview? We see some Canonites and Nikonians putting up their best shots with Canon and Nikon systems. :D

Yves. P@DPReview said:
Instead of fighting over who has the biggest or the best most effective camera or system, lets invite our Canon friends to show us what they can do with their equipment by posting the best shots they have. We (the Nikon people) will also post our best shots to end this up in a great photo posting frenzyness ...

Let's see who will start. I suggest we write in the header if it is either a Nikon or a Canon shot to identify them better. No bitch*ng and lots of respect would be great too. No matter what camera or lens you own, everybody is invited to participate as long as it is a Canon or a Nikon.

Start your engines and lets have fun ...

--
Yves P.
PBASE Supporter

some are really superb shots! Any Clubsnappers joined in the fun? :)

Part 1

Part 2

maybe we could nominate people here for Clubsnap own "competition" too ;p but we shouldn't restrict to just Canon and Nikon. it's more for fun than anything else.... but we already have something already (best of 2003s).

I would nominate iamasaint as "Canon's" representative for portraits/weddings category :)

I heard Leica is better than both Nikon and Canon???

tomshen said:
I heard Leica is better than both Nikon and Canon???

Hahahaha... here we go again, now Leica is joining the "Battle of the Best"? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Kit said:
Let me ask you guys...... if you were to look at the pictures and the pictures alone, would you be able to tell if they were taken with Nikon or Canon?
Well said. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kit said:
Let me ask you guys...... if you were to look at the pictures and the pictures alone, would you be able to tell if they were taken with Nikon or Canon?

well said :) :thumbsup:

to be perfectly honest, i got better things to do than to split hairs about which system is better. things like learning how to use the system i have first. or how to take better photos.

Ya. childish.
This only show who is a better photographer, give michael yamashita a nikon or canon he will still produce the same thing. with photoshop, maybe it is also who is the better image editor.

pure stupidity.

Larry said:
to be perfectly honest, i got better things to do than to split hairs about which system is better. things like learning how to use the system i have first. or how to take better photos.

yeah man...agreed fully... :bsmilie:

2 thumbs up ...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Given the same time, same place, same photographer, same subject, you think you can tell the difference between a picture taken on Canon camera at 1/125 f2.8 and a picture from a Nikon camera 1/125 f2.8? :dunno:

Prismatic said:
Given the same time, same place, same photographer, same subject, you think you can tell the difference between a picture taken on Canon camera at 1/125 f2.8 and a picture from a Nikon camera 1/125 f2.8? :dunno:

long exposures? colours (esp red)? skin tones? AWB? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

actually i can't tell the diff. :dunno:

again... equipment wankers trying to outdo each other :devil: when will they EVER learn that it's NOT the system but the PHOTOGRAPHER............

I wholeheartedly support Kit's comments. The pictures alone doesn't scream CONTAX/ LEICA/ CANON/ NIKON/ le-cheapo Fuji P&S..... headache......

Actually you're all wrong... the best system is known as megaweb.

Nothing beats the megaweb system, get yours today!!! :devil:

how about upping the challenge a bit. let's make the best image possible using the cheapest possible of photog equipment.

No lar, you are all WRONG. The best system is our BODY lar, without it you think you can hold your camera and lens steady ??? :lovegrin:

No fit body = mostly blur pictures :devil: :sweatsm: :sweat:

mpenza said:
maybe we could nominate people here for Clubsnap own "competition" too ;p but we shouldn't restrict to just Canon and Nikon. it's more for fun than anything else.... but we already have something already (best of 2003s).

Hahaha... I very thick-skinned one so I'll gladly volunteer this series of mine as Nikon examples! :D

dnka said:
has anyone seen these threads at DPReview? We see some Canonites and Nikonians putting up their best shots with Canon and Nikon systems. :D

some are really superb shots! Any Clubsnappers joined in the fun? :)

Part 1

Part 2
You mean liek blindfold myself, sit in 2 cars for the same ride and then guess which was Toyota and which was Nissan?

You all better be careful with what you all are saying. Nikon and Canon no difference, correct. But put a Leica 35mm transparency on a light table and it will blow you away, no contest at all. So don't be too quick to dismiss the equipment.

Right Red Dawn?

Put a Rollei Prego 90 P/S on Velvia 50 and IT will blow your Leica away too.

PS: The Prego is out of production and remains one of the sharpest and most vibrant P/S ever in the history of mankind.

Status
Not open for further replies.