Universal studio recommended to bring dslr

small pig

May 17, 2011
Punggol
I am gg for my first time, is it ok to bring dslr and tripod considering the ride available there

I brought my gears to universal studio however my tripod is e 1 given by canon hence I dun think it will fit into e locker provided thus I didn't bring it along.

Some rides will get u wet n they dun allow bags hence a Dslr would be fine but I'm not sure if tripod is advisable.
If u r Gg for e rides, jus a Dslr will do unless u have someone else looking after ur gears when u go for e rides in e event tat tripod doesn't fit e locker ^^
Hope it helps.

yup me too! i just brought my dslr only to uss haha plus 1 zoom lens =x

If you are there for purely phototaking than go ahead and bring all your gears. If you want to enjoy the rides than i can safely tell you there are only 3 rides worth seating. The 2 galactica ones(the red and blue tracks roller coaster) and the mummy one. The rest are kiddish, in my opinion.

So in conclusion just bring your cam since you will be enjoying the shows than the rides. And don't need bring tripod as you will be going in the day time unless you plan on playing with hdr.

Coming from someone who went to uss three times and fourth time coming soon...

You can keep your camera in lockers for rides like the mummy ride! Tripod may not really be necessary but I guess taking photos with the mascots would be awesome :)

small pig said:
I am gg for my first time, is it ok to bring dslr and tripod considering the ride available there

As mentioned. You can't carry even a small bag to some of the ride as you need to be properly strapped in without anything dropping off in the middle of the ride.

If you are there mainly for the ride, concentrate on enjoying the ride. Even though lockers are available, unless someone is there to look after your bag, you may just like to bring a small pns with a waist pouch instead.

edit. Others opinion are quite valid too and I am just stating mine. Anyway, this depend on you lah. Most important, enjoy yourself and be safe with yourself and equipment.

Last edited:
your title sound so wrong... i tot Universal Studio recommend people to bring DSLR lol

for the rides, by right you are not alowed to carry anything loose. imagine ur dslr fly and hit someone in the face lol.

if put inside locker, i wonder how safe it is esp when ppl saw you put ur dslr in..

As mentioned by others in this thread, some rides do not allow you to bring anything on. fyi, i'm able to fit my small tripod into the lockers and pls put in only exact change when paying for lockers cos there is no change given. The last time i had to pay $4 and i put in $10 and no change given. Lockers have a 20mins grace period if i remember correctly.

Very important point to note - DO NOT BRING HP OR ELECTRONIC GADGETS onto the Jurassic Rapids ride....there is a high chance you will be soaked thoroughly...soaked as in macam jump into a swimming pool and not like some splashes only...my iPhone drowned there but thank goodness...it survived and it's working fine...

By the way, they have fireworks on weekends and it starts at 9pm...but pls dun expect NDP standard lah....

I got chased out once for using a DSLR with batt grip (looks big)@ Universal. Apparently my friend posed in a more creative looking way than the conventional tourist, dressed a bit trendier, and my DSLR was big. And... one of the auntie thought she was a mascot!
Asked and reported to the... pinoy floor sweeper there. And what did she do? demanded we stop shooting, as she thinks I'm from the mag or something. Asked her to change outfit (gown like sundress). But the heck... we're just a couple having fun there as a normal paid visitor! Wanted to argue with her, she threatened to call security. Almost wanted to goto the management, but it's my fun day so forget it, asked her to change outfit.
Universal Studios should educate their peanut brain employee not to discrimanate big cams and patrons who dress well.

Last edited:
Anyone tried locking their dslr at the locker ? Is it safe

As mentioned by others in this thread, some rides do not allow you to bring anything on. fyi, i'm able to fit my small tripod into the lockers and pls put in only exact change when paying for lockers cos there is no change given. The last time i had to pay $4 and i put in $10 and no change given. Lockers have a 20mins grace period if i remember correctly.

Do you mean locker door will pop open after 20 mins grace period??

Which ride total restrict dslr ? Or get wet one ?

Locker is free for 1st 30mins
I threw My Dslr which is in my 6MDH into it n went for e mummy ride.

Jurrasic park rapids - total wet, do not bring any. I went for e rapids wif my iPhone n Dslr in bag n regretted it, Gd thing none of it is wet

I believe most rides dun allow Dslr to be brought along.
Oh yea for shrek 4d, note tat there's slight spraying of water towards u.

Is the locker manned by staff?

small pig said:
Is the locker manned by staff?

I dun think so, looks pretty much like 'self service' and free for all to me
But it should be safe since u need to set the password and a colour to lock and open it ^^

So it's not those swimming pool type whereby lost keys can open the lockers. Or easily pry opened.

small pig said:
So it's not those swimming pool type whereby lost keys can open the lockers. Or easily pry opened.

It's keyless hence pretty safe. Users nd to go to e com console and choose either to hire or unlock, then it will prompt u to set a password, Shd be bday or nbr of digits n choose a colour out of 8 available I think. Upon doing so, e locker will unlock itself wif e locker nbr displayed on e com.
Do e same to unlock after use, dun hav to rem ur locker nbr, jus e password n colour.
Hope e above clarifies all doubts on lockers

Thanks. I guess it CCTV monitored