Universal Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Jan 24, 2002
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
Anybody know where I can get good universal remote aka Pronto or equivalent if not than a level lower. Could not find it at Hi-Fi shop opp Funan and don't know where else have.

can try sim lim tower. opposite sim lim square

Dennis said:
Anybody know where I can get good universal remote aka Pronto or equivalent if not than a level lower. Could not find it at Hi-Fi shop opp Funan and don't know where else have.

Can't find them at Adephi? You should be able to find them there or Sim Lim Square. I have seen quite a few of them around in those place last time I check. Also depends on what model and how much you willing to spend. You could find those going cheap for about $20+ to about a couple hundred dollars for like a Sony LCD screen remote commander. For the cheaper type you can find alot of them for sure at Sim Lim Square.

You could fine any brand/model in Sim Lim Square. I got mine at SLS 5 years ago for $100 (Marantz) and still working fine.

I am using a Sony one from a few years back. LCD touchscreen loss its touch! Cost me $299. Another new one will cost the same. :confused: But to be fair, they lasted 8-9 years.

afbug said:
I am using a Sony one from a few years back. LCD touchscreen loss its touch! Cost me $299. Another new one will cost the same. :confused: But to be fair, they lasted 8-9 years.

Ya..they last and last.. I have one that is already 8 yrs and another newer one that is about 4 yrs...throw them around but keeps on ticking. heh I am not that fussy so bought the non screen type. Just the button ones...works fine and can program a really wide range of devices.

The Sony ones are good. Can be programmed. Most ones are pre-programmed.

Dennis,

No worries bro, the pronto is quite expensive as the cheapest one starts are $400.

My Marantz RC2000 is still going strong except that a few of the buttons cannot be used anymore. I bought it in 1998 from the hifi shop at Outram Road that used to sell the Sonus Faber speaker.

I hope to replace it with the RC2000 MK II. Anyone still know where you can buy it in Singapore or an online store.

I have the Sony RM-AV3000T, what I do not like about it is that you are unable to change the text on the LCD display button except the last row, unlike the Marantz RC2000 LCD display where you can input your own command text.

sammy888 said:
Ya..they last and last.. I have one that is already 8 yrs and another newer one that is about 4 yrs...throw them around but keeps on ticking. heh I am not that fussy so bought the non screen type. Just the button ones...works fine and can program a really wide range of devices.

Ah yes, long lasting but Sony these days dun sell their cheaper ones. I wanna down size.

Anyone?
Any idea how much is the cheapest Philips? Marantz should be avaliable at Adelphi.

Yes I know Pronto is expensive and is looking at the RU980 colour screen ones.
Have not got a reply from them but expected over 1k.
I am also interested on the warrenty as the last time I asked Philips about it they say they will not repair it. Also I have not use a touch screen yet, I may prefer the hard button ones as I always feel that the touch screen does not have the tectile feel of a real remote but if the price is right I may "get used to it". :bsmilie:
Sorry can't help on th Mk II

xtemujin said:
Dennis,

No worries bro, the pronto is quite expensive as the cheapest one starts are $400.

My Marantz RC2000 is still going strong except that a few of the buttons cannot be used anymore. I bought it in 1998 from the hifi shop at Outram Road that used to sell the Sonus Faber speaker.

I hope to replace it with the RC2000 MK II. Anyone still know where you can buy it in Singapore or an online store.

I have the Sony RM-AV3000T, what I do not like about it is that you are unable to change the text on the LCD display button except the last row, unlike the Marantz RC2000 LCD display where you can input your own command text.

Can't find Marantz at Adelphi as well. basically Marantz and Philips are the same except for some programming difference.

afbug said:
Ah yes, long lasting but Sony these days dun sell their cheaper ones. I wanna down size.

Anyone?
Any idea how much is the cheapest Philips? Marantz should be avaliable at Adelphi.

I highly recommend the Logitech Harmony 885 - it's a fantastic unit. Only problem is not available in Singapore - i had to get mine shipped from the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.