universal plate

Ninjayeti

Mar 5, 2014
Bukit Panjang
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of a universal plate that fits at the bottom of my Canon 7D that can accommodate a Hand strap, a Black Rapid (or similar type) glide strap and a spare hole for a tripod mount?

I know the one by Custom SLR has the M-Plate Pro, and Joby has their UltraPlate. Does anyone know of another one that's worth checking out?

Thanks in advance.

60 views and not a single person has a thought or experience they'd like to share?
Maybe no one here uses a handstrap and strap along with a tripod mount. :(

What a terrible experience as a first time poster on this forum.

Hi. I'm one of the viewers of your post.

I would really like to help. But I have nothing to offer wrt the topic other than a prayer hoping that you find your answer.

The ppl here are not so bad as to purposely withhold answers. They are pretty helpful snd nice. It's most prob becos the 60 or so viewers didn't know the answers.

All the best!

you really need so many things mounted on at the same time?

no experience nor do i want to have so many things attached to my cam. 1 strap with L plate is enough for me.

You can check out Carry Speed strap with the mounting plate type.

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it :)

Well, to answer your question why so many things at the same time, I like to use a handstrap and I often just use the handstrap on its own. I also often use a glide strap as well, and when I do, I would like to be able to attach it to the camera somehow along with the handstrap. Then there are also times when I need to use a tripod, so instead of taking everything off, I'd like the plate to have a tripod hole, so I can screw in my tripod quick release plate.

So that's why I'm looking for a plate that can accommodate the 3 things.

Thanks undergrd, I'll check out the Carry Speed mounting plate.

Anyone else would like to share a suggestion?

Cheers :)

I'm currently using Camdapter SlingStrap Pro. It can be mounted on the tripod because of the base connecting plate. And at the same time, a leather handgrip AND a removable sling strap can be attached to the base plate as well.

If you see the ring, that's where the strap is hooked onto. *Currently I'm attaching it to my L plate.*

The Camdapter pro plate looks something like the above. Currently I've replaced it with my L plate. But from this angle, you can't see very clearly that it have tripod grooves (arca swiss compatible) for the tripod.

But if you are changing to this Camdapter system, be sure to select the 'PRO' version instead of the non-pro version. More discussion can be found here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1366822&p=8759224#post8759224
and
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1121367&p=8713654#post8713654

If you need more pictures of this Camdapter SlingStrap pro, let me know, I try to get the shots...

*Note: I'm not in any way affiliated with Camdapter, just a happy customer after switching to Camdapter. Used to be using those black rapid type sling*

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it :)

Well, to answer your question why so many things at the same time, I like to use a handstrap and I often just use the handstrap on its own. I also often use a glide strap as well, and when I do, I would like to be able to attach it to the camera somehow along with the handstrap. Then there are also times when I need to use a tripod, so instead of taking everything off, I'd like the plate to have a tripod hole, so I can screw in my tripod quick release plate.

So that's why I'm looking for a plate that can accommodate the 3 things.

Thanks undergrd, I'll check out the Carry Speed mounting plate.

Anyone else would like to share a suggestion?

Cheers :)

You may want to check out peakdesign. They have a range of innovative products that suits ur needs

Hi SkyStrike,

Thanks for the sharing your Camdapter. I'll check it out. Oh and cheers for the pics too, appreciate the effort :)

Silvermoon - cheers, I'll check them out too. Thanks! :)