Uniquely Singapore, truly worth waiting for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahandre

Mar 12, 2007
Earth
www.flickr.com
Constructive C&C please. I did not use flash, and still wondering how to correctly exposed to bring up the color. They were taken along Orchard Road.
Hoping to have comments on composition and exposure.
FYI : Posted images are without Post Processing (resize only)

Truly Worth Waiting For .....
The blind man, tirelessly entertain the crowd to wait for appreciation ....
I think this scene is interesting, as if the lady in ads looking and waiting patiently to the blind guitarist who tirelessly played his electric guitar.
I wanna express that some dis-abled person still has spirit to continue living with efforts, while some don't (see pic 2 below). I personally think I was able to capture the elements, but I guess my technique still sucks : focus, exposure, and please advise thru your comments.
This was taken by 18-200mm, decided to take meter and focus from face of guitarist, but that made the ads lady overexposed.
XSML_POR_2202.JPG

Uniquely Singapore.
A beggar with her "child" sat below the campaign board. She looked healthy and not handicapped. Just sat there and did nothing ...
I think these two persons may have difficulties, but she could try to do something as per example on the first pic. I think I was also able to capture the element (words n subjects), but need advise on technique to make the scene better. (this was taken using 55-200mm VR, i think it's to slow for such low light situation. and the lady kept jerking her head).
XSML_POR_2053.JPG

All pics seems OOF for me. The first pic could be better if u had a CPL with you to cut the reflection off the glass.

All pics seems OOF for me. The first pic could be better if u had a CPL with you to cut the reflection off the glass.

Thanks for the comment nigel. I understand it's OOF for the 2nd pic was taken under very low light, and I had to rely on VR then (was using 55-200mm) while the subjects kept jerking her head.

Yah I wish I had the CPL, looking for one now.
I found it's hard to meter the 1st pic while the ads behind glas was much brighter than the blind guitarist. Any tips ? (BTW I'm a noob here :) )

As i wanted to capture the words, blind man, and lady looking from ads, please advise on the focusing technique.

Cheers,

as per guidelines, please post 1 picture per week only http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139941
and include a short writeup for the picture http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=273376

thanks.

Eikin, thanks for the info. Sorry I missed the rules mentioned. I have added the write up, and hope the pics are okay to complete the story (one pic has "180 degree" relation to the other)

pic...yep, oof...but for me, the oof does matter, the message you put forth has much more meaning than good or bad focus. besides, i could imagine it had to be a really quick shot.

Hi ahandre,

Both photo's relate well to what you are saying, but I too think much ahs been lost on them due to focus error.

Good choice of shots though :)

they need some composition adjusting but the idea is there.

btw, u from np?

Thanks for the comment. Please advise the adjustment .....
Since I'm new here, sorry I am unable to understand, what does "np" mean ?

Cheers.

Thanks for the comment. Please advise the adjustment .....
Since I'm new here, sorry I am unable to understand, what does "np" mean ?

Cheers.

oh sorry, i meant ngee ann.

maybe for the first pic, u might want to frame from the man with the pillar only, from bottom up with people walking by in motion blur. thats just a suggestion from me. :D

keep shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.