uninvited advertisment post at my facebook page

Status
Not open for further replies.

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
I have a facebook page to connect with my customers, today someone post an advertisement post at my Facebook Page Wall.

I didn't fan or friend this company, nor I know or hear about them, let along ever use them before, out of nowhere just post at my Facebook Page Wall to advertise their service and product. So this post is not just intend for me, it also visible to anyone visiting my Facebook Page.

If I leave the post there, it means I endorse their service and product, I know I can just delete and move on. But I send them a message asking them to remove it, I will report to Facebook if my request being ignored.

Let to know what is your view, do you think this method of advertising is acceptable, or am I making a mountain out of a molehill.

I have a facebook page to connect with my customers, today someone post an advertisement post at my Facebook Page Wall.

I didn't fan or friend this company, nor I know or hear about them, let along ever use them before, out of nowhere just post at my Facebook Page Wall to advertise their service and product. So this post is not just intend for me, it also visible to anyone visiting my Facebook Page.

If I leave the post there, it means I endorse their service and product, I know I can just delete and move on. But I send them a message asking them to remove it, I will report to Facebook if my request being ignored.

Let to know what is your view, do you think this method of advertising is acceptable, or am I making a mountain out of a molehill.
u arent. if i may offer a different perspective.
they are using ur wide client base and good reputation hence they wanna post there.

so theoretically, without ur endorsement they just riding on free ride.
it goes to say 2 things:
one: u got a good reputation and client base.
two: they deserve to be deleted/ reported.

its unethical to actually just do like tat. ruins ur reputation

u arent. if i may offer a different perspective.
they are using ur wide client base and good reputation hence they wanna post there.

so theoretically, without ur endorsement they just riding on free ride.
it goes to say 2 things:
one: u got a good reputation and client base.
two: they deserve to be deleted/ reported.

its unethical to actually just do like tat. ruins ur reputation
this user create a personal profile in Facebook instead of using Facebook Page, I think this is something that not allow to do so in Facebook.

Accounts are for personal use only. To represent a celebrity, business or brand, please create a Facebook Page. Pages are for representing a real public figure, artist, brand or organization, and may only be created by an official representative of that entity. For more information about Facebook Pages, please click here.

anyway, he/she has more friends in his/her profile than I do. :embrass:

latest update:
this user account has been disabled, I didn't do anything except sending him/her a message. perhaps some other people had reported him/her.

before the a/c being disabled, I check out his/her profile, he/she is using company name setting up person facebook a/c, has 500 over friends, fanning 60 over pages.

now his/he is unable to reply my message, unable to remove his/her posting at my page, I have to delete it myself.

this is like i start one thread in cs, then people come and post their pictures there when it is say, a series i am still continuing. nor did i invite them to do so.

i fully support your feelings!!!!! :bsmilie:

I would delete the ad and also post a message that I did not support of give permission to them to place their ad there in the first place. Hopefully, others who think of doing the same will not after seeing the post.

I'll just delete it away... less complications and prevents people from getting the wrong messages.

this is like i start one thread in cs, then people come and post their pictures there when it is say, a series i am still continuing. nor did i invite them to do so.

i fully support your feelings!!!!! :bsmilie:
lol, I think is it worst if happen in CS, you can't even delete it, but can only report it as bad post.

I would delete the ad and also post a message that I did not support of give permission to them to place their ad there in the first place. Hopefully, others who think of doing the same will not after seeing the post.

I'll just delete it away... less complications and prevents people from getting the wrong messages.
I know I can delete it.... myself. but I want him/her to remove it.

anyway, this user don't have a chance liao, account being disable by Facebook.

lol, I think is it worst if happen in CS, you can't even delete it, but can only report it as bad post.
u can disable that in ur acct, so that other member cannot use ur acct to advertise

imho, fb is another kind of webpage for advertisement, hmm..

i think you can set privacy settings on your page. you can restrict the people who can post - everyone, fans only, or you only
yes, I set fans can post at my wall.

so this user fan me and post at my wall, and it seem this user go around fans people pages (60 over fanned pages), making advertisement post at their walls.

whats the company name? maybe i can blacklist them for unethical advertising.

I'm a little sad to see this account being banned, cos I know take a lot of efforts and time to built a base in Facebook.

But I couldn't agree with the method this user uses to advertise their service and product, so I sent a facebook message to this user asking him/her to remove the post from my wall, letting him/her know that this is not acceptable, instead of delete the post myself or report it to Facebook.

anyway, is already too late for this user now, all the efforts in facebook has been wasted.

I'm a little sad to see this account being banned, cos I know take a lot of efforts and time to built a base in Facebook.
his large fan base is probably due to unethical way he do it in FB

Status
Not open for further replies.