unfortunate incident - camy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystudio

Mar 24, 2006
Just wanted to share some unfortunate incident that happen to Camy, one of the girl who model in clubsnap before, I think some of us should remember her.

you be the judge/

If anybody has any constructive suggestions to help her, please drop her a comment.

I had something in mind, maybe will share later.

To moderator: please close the thread if you find this thread is irrelevant, thank you.

Quite sad, I never knew people lent cars around these days anymore.

From stories related to me, it appears that the police will usually stonewall you if they can find any "out" for them (in this case - "no proof") - yet cases have been brought and convicted based on witness testimony alone. I suggest that if you want the police to do anything for you, a very strong push is required.

On a separate note, it is quite incredible that a 24 year old is earning 15k a month. :p

The only suggestion that comes to mind right now is for her to simply send the blogpost to his email address, at work, as well as to circulate it to all his colleagues and mutual friends that she knows of. Of course, please be prepared to substantiate what she says or face exposure from a possible defamation action.

looks like he doesn't even have the intergity to own up (wth did he learn in army)...:nono:
the guy won't ever have the money to pay for 2.6k let alone hire a lawyer (more $$$) to fight for a defamation case...:bsmilie:

this is a civil case, not a police case.

the person in question here HAS NOT broken any laws of singapore in any way. also better to take it the civil case route - you just need to prove 50% and he's in for it. for criminal cases, if you somehow find a clause, you need to prove that he's guilty beyond reasonable doubt. which one is easier, you choose.

that said, once again, all non-lawyers, DISCLAIMERS PLEASE. please note that if anyone here is looking for solid, 100% reliable legal advice, go and find a lawyer. whatever you read here is only postulation based on vague understandings of half-past-six readings and courses. only a professional lawyer is going to give you the help you really need, and no professional lawyer is going to dish out legal advice in an internet forum.

so many lawyers... lol...

btw, what did he hit? if he hit another car, then she should just wait for someone to make claim. If he clever, then he pay for the other party's damages, then she suay...

My opinion is she has no case as there is no contract of any sort signed with the guy. And also besides those pictures, no way to prove that the damage was not done by her.. Also honestly.... it's her fault for not checking... mean put it this way it's a car for goodness sake, even if you lend your friend your camera, you will check it when it is returned to make sure it is fine. She was foolish not to have checked it and just drove off.

And as Vince said is right.. she can be sued till kingdom come for defamation instead......

P.S. 25 year old earning 15k..... not impossible, I have friends who were earning 25k when they were his age. They just graduated then and joined the bank as financial consultants, they could sell well and hence basic plus commission..... 20 to 25k monthly.

Scarly he hit a tree then how? :p

Just to comment on the part about not checking - I think even if she checked, the same sort of reasoning will still appear from the guy (oh it was like that already when I got it...etc etc).

My opinion is she has no case as there is no contract of any sort signed with the guy. And also besides those pictures, no way to prove that the damage was not done by her. If she goes to court with the excuse no body walks around the car to get into it.... she is just going to get lambast by the defence lawyer for the guy. Also honestly.... it's her fault for not checking... mean put it this way it's a car for goodness sake, even if you lend your friend your camera, you will check it when it is returned to make sure it is fine. She was foolish not to have checked it and just drove off.

And as Vince said is right.. she can be sued till kingdom come for defamation instead......

P.S. 25 year old earning 15k..... not impossible, I have friends who were earning 25k when they were his age. They just graduated then and joined the bank as financial consultants, they could sell well and hence basic plus commission..... 20 to 25k a bank.

Have you included a disclaimer for your own post, which is more to the tune of legal advice than any of the other posts here to date?

this is a civil case, not a police case.

the person in question here HAS NOT broken any laws of singapore in any way. also better to take it the civil case route - you just need to prove 50% and he's in for it. for criminal cases, if you somehow find a clause, you need to prove that he's guilty beyond reasonable doubt. which one is easier, you choose.

that said, once again, all non-lawyers, DISCLAIMERS PLEASE. please note that if anyone here is looking for solid, 100% reliable legal advice, go and find a lawyer. whatever you read here is only postulation based on vague understandings of half-past-six readings and courses. only a professional lawyer is going to give you the help you really need, and no professional lawyer is going to dish out legal advice in an internet forum.

Yep, so she probably needs to spread her message as far and wide as possible through the Internet.

sure got witness 1, hope someone be witness lor.

My opinion is she has no case as there is no contract of any sort signed with the guy. And also besides those pictures, no way to prove that the damage was not done by her. If she goes to court with the excuse no body walks around the car to get into it.... she is just going to get lambast by the defence lawyer for the guy. Also honestly.... it's her fault for not checking... mean put it this way it's a car for goodness sake, even if you lend your friend your camera, you will check it when it is returned to make sure it is fine. She was foolish not to have checked it and just drove off.

alamak, you need to watch more CSI! :heart::heart:

Have you included a disclaimer for your own post, which is more to the tune of legal advice than any of the other posts here to date?

wa, no, that last paragraph not disclaimer. very goot!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

so smart and sharp! definitely got potential to be lawyer!

sorry sorry, i type out the last paragraph again.. paiseh that you didn't see it, is my fault.. hor

dear humble sirs,

at the kind request of vince that i type out disclaimer for my "legal advice" since i already stated that no one here will be a professional lawyer, i point out here humbly and sincerely once again, this is a blanket disclaimer.

please note that if anyone here is looking for solid, 100% reliable legal advice, go and find a lawyer. whatever you read here is only postulation based on vague understandings of half-past-six readings and courses. only a professional lawyer is going to give you the help you really need, and no professional lawyer is going to dish out legal advice in an internet forum.

if anyone needs a bigger size font, please let me know, just in case you cannot see it. i apologise if you did not see it the first time, it is really my fault, and my fault alone. very very sorry.

alamak, you need to watch more CSI! :heart::heart:

Haha I really dont think they will apply CSI tactics to the case.... As I once encounter when I was involved in a car accident years ago. Called the police cos the other driver was really agitated and looked like he was really to kill me. He also refused to give his particulars.

Me: Hello Im involved in a car accident and the other driver is really agitated and refuses to give his particulars.

Police: Anybody injured?
Me: No...
Police: Any GOVERNMENT property damaged?
Me: No.....
Police: Then settled among yourselves please..... we wont be coming down. Thank you sir.

I left there speechless.... then later I l realized that Police do not handle traffic accidents anymore.... sigh.. unless someone injured or some govt property is damaged.

I left there speechless.... then later I l realized that Police do not handle traffic accidents anymore.... sigh.. unless someone injured or some govt property is damaged.

the police have to stay out of such things, as far as possible. if they are going to arrest people based on accusations, e.g. X claimed that Y buang his car from the butt, no witness.. then how? who do the police arrest? if i policeman i also run far far away :bsmilie: because the only best solution i could probably think of is to arrest both and see how later. then will kena from a lot of other people, like stomp lahhh, hardwarezone edmw lahhh. :bsmilie:

stomp it! as this is a civil case, this thread only serves as a smear campaign
we do not and will not have the chance to hear the other side's story/excuses

so i will close this thread

BTW i feel your pain girl. do what you can and then move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.