Unfilled Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekeno

Jan 20, 2004
Many sellers in buy & sell section indicate unfilled warranty card with their stuff. Does it mean you can fill in the warranty card with the current date and send out? Have anyone here tried this with Canon warranty?

normally, I will not fill up first. I will use the product for about a month first. and if everything goes smooth, I will just fill up and send. Else if something happen like defect good, I will return the product to the reseller for exchange.

Good question :think: I would like to know also...

Thanks for the tip. But what I meant is that if the original purchase date is pretty far away from now, let say 1 year ago, you still can send in the warranty card with today's date? I think Canon is able to trace by the serial number?

rekeno said:
Thanks for the tip. But what I meant is that if the original purchase date is pretty far away from now, let say 1 year ago, you still can send in the warranty card with today's date? I think Canon is able to trace by the serial number?

should not be a problem. There is no way to know when you bought the product by tracing the serial number. Unless they ask for prove of purchase.

jimtong said:
Unless they ask for prove of purchase.

They never borther with that in the years I've dealt with Cannon. If the warranty card is valid, it's usually good enough for them. Unless you send in really battered gear with a new warranty.

Then again, others may have different feedback.

Cheers,

I happened to ask funan canon last week on their warr policy. They said no need prove of purchase, warr card will do.

In this case, shouldn't we just leave the warranty blank until really some problem occurs?

rekeno said:
In this case, shouldn't we just leave the warranty blank until really some problem occurs?

that is what some ppl usually do.

i never fill alslo....ms pple say no need to fill 1

Anyone know if we can take the unfilled warranty card to Canon to redeem for the free gifts that they put in today's Straits Times ad? Do they usually check the receipt? :think:

jimtong said:
should not be a problem. There is no way to know when you bought the product by tracing the serial number. Unless they ask for prove of purchase.

They can trace cos different batches come at different time. Once an authorized dealer requests for a new stock, they will know which batches of serial numbers have been cleared.

shutterfly said:
They can trace cos different batches come at different time. Once an authorized dealer requests for a new stock, they will know which batches of serial numbers have been cleared.

That's only by deduction, and is not considered hard proof. It means that the camera with this serial number SHOULD have been sold long ago, but it's not proof that it ACTUALLY WAS SOLD long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.