unfilled warranty is useless, service ctr want official receipts !!

i think unregistered warranty also not valid.

The receipt is king! 'Unfilled warranty' is just something silly that sellers do as an attempt to improve the selling price and hoodwink unknowning buyers.

The receipt is king! 'Unfilled warranty' is just something silly that sellers do as an attempt to improve the selling price and hoodwink unknowning buyers.

True :)

And the last thing is to read the T n Cs on the warranty cards carefully.

Some brands (Erm , I better not name) states clearly that warranty cover is only valid for the original owner even if it may still be within warranty period. Some insist on both original warranty cards and receipts so be careful when buying dekitted sets.

On the other side , Kudos to some brands that will adopt the approach of providing u the warranty as much as they can.

Olympus for example will honor warranty even if u produce the credit card/ charge slip in case u've lost the original receipt or in the case really so suay lost all receipts and warranty card , they will try to backdate to date of production.

unfill warrantry card no use right?
as far as i know, warranty start on the day on purchases right
or only when u fill the card?

voice123 said:
unfill warrantry card no use right?
as far as i know, warranty start on the day on purchases right
or only when u fill the card?

By right it on day of purchase (1st hand from shop), that why often they may need proof of purchase.
Else I buy an 2nd hand 5D classic with unfill warranty, filled today with today date and it will expire 1 year later in 2014. Or 15mths later if still can register online. :)

It is very difficult to prove you have mail your warranty card. Receipt should be the best way to prove since it carries the date of purchase. So it is important the receipt is clearly written what was purchased.

In today world, retailer should register the sale online once they compete the sale. One day someone will create that software for them to simply scan and auto upload. So the next time you send in for servicing, the product serial nos ready capture.

It is very difficult to prove you have mail your warranty card. Receipt should be the best way to prove since it carries the date of purchase. So it is important the receipt is clearly written what was purchased.

In today world, retailer should register the sale online once they compete the sale. One day someone will create that software for them to simply scan and auto upload. So the next time you send in for servicing, the product serial nos ready capture.

actually, once they scanned the barcode, everything is recorded on internet.

*cough* *cough*. I recently just *cough* registered the warranty for a camera that was *cough* bought nearly a year ago. :dunno:
Now, I'll just have to find time to do that for a TV that I bought over 6 months ago and a phone that is nearly 2 years old. busy busy busy.

*cough* *cough*. I recently just *cough* registered the warranty for a camera that was *cough* bought nearly a year ago. :dunno:
Now, I'll just have to find time to do that for a TV that I bought over 6 months ago and a phone that is nearly 2 years old. busy busy busy.

No use, the service center will still ask for the hardcopy receipts, i tried before this trick, all attempts failed, many had tried the same.. all rejected by service center

actually, once they scanned the barcode, everything is recorded on internet.

Yeah, when my iPhone got problem, they didn't ask for warranty card or receipt. Guess already registered once it is out from the store.

No use, the service center will still ask for the hardcopy receipts, i tried before this trick, all attempts failed, many had tried the same.. all rejected by service center

I never had trouble with it to be honest. Seriously.

Bukitimah said:
Yeah, when my iPhone got problem, they didn't ask for warranty card or receipt. Guess already registered once it is out from the store.

think sometime when bought phone, the store may send warranty on ur behalf le. Rmb bought phone at M1 store they often told me dun need to register for the warranty, they register for me.

ya lor so day of purchase ,
den why ppl in bns bullsh!t all the unfilled warranty...trying to scam ?

...trying to scam ?

Don't think scam is the right word for it. It's so an old fashion word.

But honestly, it's try your luck. Some unfilled warranty card works and some don't and there are so many different brands and shops and service centres (and even the same service centre, there are different people). Its a risk. If you managed to get an unfilled warranty card that you can still register, its your luck/gain. If you can't, well its your loss or bad luck.

Don't think scam is the right word for it. It's so an old fashion word.

But honestly, it's try your luck. Some unfilled warranty card works and some don't and there are so many different brands and shops and service centres (and even the same service centre, there are different people). Its a risk. If you managed to get an unfilled warranty card that you can still register, its your luck/gain. If you can't, well its your loss or bad luck.

A cat is a cat no matter how old fashioned.

Likewise a scam is a scam, no matter how old fashioned it may be.

Don't get caught, then you are lucky. Get caught then you are unlucky. Lucky or unlucky, doesn't mean it is right.

Last edited:
The issue is one of trying to get free service under a 1 year or (in some cases 2 year) "warranty" although the camera body or lens is many years old after date of original purchase and has changed multiple owners.

Providing warranty repairs is a big cost to the local agent or manufacturer.

Generally if a local shop wishes to be an authorised dealer, it has to fulfill certain costly obligations to the manufacturer or local distributor.
To keep their side of the bargain, the manufacturer needs to protect the interests of the local authorised dealers against grey market traders.

Otherwise it is just bad management and a recipe for failure.

the canon also wont be so stupid right,example u register a product that is eof with brand new warranty =x

i don think this will happen lor

the canon also wont be so stupid right,example u register a product that is eof with brand new warranty =x

i don think this will happen lor

All manufacturers track by serial number and know ezactly when the stock left the warehouse to the dealer. They also know when the dealer restock. So with these 2 info it is not hard for them to deduce when a set is sold within a reasonable timeframe.

So to those who think they are very smart, don't ever think the camera service centers are dumb. They know what is going on. Don't ever think you are smarter than them. They may choose to close one eye. Or they may choose to enforce. That is up to them.

Last edited: