"Unfilled warranty card" valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrios

May 19, 2002
Visit site
Many a time we see pple advertise to sell off their used stuff that come with unfilled warranty cards. Some points to ponder..........

i) do we always need a receipt to show proof that the date on the warranty card is the "real" date purchase is made before we can make any claim?

i) if the warranty card is filled with a date that is different from the original receipt, will the service centre still honour the warranty?

I believe most of the time, the service centre concerned would ask for the receipt as well as the valid warranty card should service is required for a particular item.

Care to share your experiences??

Yes I serviced my lens at Canon once and they do require my receipt. I dunno why some pple state unfilled warranty card when they sell their camera gears. Maybe it's to give the impression that they are brand new?

Originally posted by ckiang
Will they give you the benefit of doubt if your receipt is lost?

Regards
CK
i doubt they will coz u are supposed to send in the other portion of the warranty card to them for record.

Originally posted by reflecx
What if the camera is a gift? Then no receipt, right. Manufacturer should still honour warranty?
What if everyone says it's a gift; manufacturer close shop? I think they should at least check their records for the other portion of the warranty card posted to them. In that case, consumers don't need to present any receipt anymore.

Originally posted by Barrios
i doubt they will coz u are supposed to send in the other portion of the warranty card to them for record.

Assuming you get this "unfilled warranty card" and mail the company portion to them? Or claim that you did send? After all, things can get lost in the mail. ;p

Regards
CK

If you have friend working in a camera shop or owning a shop, he/she can issue you an receipt anytime!;)

Assuming you get this "unfilled warranty card" and mail the company portion to them? Or claim that you did send? After all, things can get lost in the mail. ;p

Regards
CK
wow, not only do u lose your receipt, u also lose your mail. I think u can only hope they buy your story.

No lar, hypothethical scenario. :p Just wondering how far can you push your luck.

Regards
CK
I'm pushing it now....haha.....I hvn't sent my warranty card for my 28-70L yet.

As they say, if you have to ask...

Regards
CK
yeah! i do that all the time :D

Originally posted by Kho King
If you have friend working in a camera shop or owning a shop, he/she can issue you an receipt anytime!;)

they can't really do that because it would cause audit and tax problems i think

Originally posted by JaGr

they can't really do that because it would cause audit and tax problems i think

I see...maybe not so strict in Malaysia. I saw a local photo shop bought 2nd hand Nikon stuff with unfil warranty card, and the boss said he can still claim for warranty if there is any prolem with the lens/cam.

Hmm...

I always do this for my stuff...
As far as I know, you can use this trick on:
1. Panasonic
2. Ban Leong (Samsung monitors)

Normally I do this:
I don't send the warranty card over.
When my stuff are not working, I'll send it / not send it at all.
Then wait for 1/2 weeks, bring for repair.
If they can't find your record, act blur.... ;p

They will give you the benefit of the doubt.

For Nikon, couldn't try.... as I sent my warranty card to get the free gifts!

But they will agar agar know when the product was produced

Status
Not open for further replies.