First time and still learning..
650DSC_8717.jpg

650DSC_8649.jpg

65DSC_8638.jpg

650DSC_8636.jpg

Thanks for viewing

Beautiful shots:thumbsup:

Where were these taken?

U go underwater world today to hide from the heavy rain ah?:bsmilie: i try to shoot UWW before too and understand the limitations e.g. cannot use flash lah to avoid reflections, very low light condition, etc. u are using ur 50mm lens?

Wow.. Can you tell me how you take photos like that? I suck at taking photos through a glass especially in low light conditions.. What settings did you use on your cam?

jeryltan said:
Wow.. Can you tell me how you take photos like that? I suck at taking photos through a glass especially in low light conditions.. What settings did you use on your cam?

apenture mode...i spend hours taking this shoots, out of 100, only a few okay... the fish doesn't stop there for you, must court luck in for this..

dahaoren said:
U go underwater world today to hide from the heavy rain ah?:bsmilie: i try to shoot UWW before too and understand the limitations e.g. cannot use flash lah to avoid reflections, very low light condition, etc. u are using ur 50mm lens?

it is from science center lah...
i don't use flash for this... just slow suttle speed, and most of the time, depends on luck..

What aperture did you set?

tang90246 said:
apenture mode...i spend hours taking this shoots, out of 100, only a few okay... the fish doesn't stop there for you, must court luck in for this..

tang90246 said:
thanks for your comment...

I believe it is the lighting in UWW that gives your pics a bluish cast. Perhaps you can white balance it before shooting to give better colours.

WhyZzzzzz said:
I believe it is the lighting in UWW that gives your pics a bluish cast. Perhaps you can white balance it before shooting to give better colours.

I actually try every WB setting, and these are what I think the best loh.. it's Auto..
Do you know the best WB setting? I am still learning..

tang90246 said:
I actually try every WB setting, and these are what I think the best loh.. it's Auto..
Do you know the best WB setting? I am still learning..

There is no "best". use the soil or some object within the tank to do white balancing, if not, use a gray or white card and place 45% to 90% on the tank to let the light fall on it and do your white balancing there. you should be able to get better colours.

well...all this is just theory. Try and let me know!

Cheers

WhyZzzzzz said:
There is no "best". use the soil or some object within the tank to do white balancing, if not, use a gray or white card and place 45% to 90% on the tank to let the light fall on it and do your white balancing there. you should be able to get better colours.

well...all this is just theory. Try and let me know!

Cheers

thanks for your help, will try out next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.