underwater shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazkw

Jan 12, 2009
East Coast
www.garygraphy.com
i got a friend who has many ideas for his planned shoots on his flower presentation.

he has an idea to carry out a photoshoot underwater. what kind of set-up do i have to consider here in order to carry this out?

appreciate any help!

aryanto

Feb 16, 2005
singapore
cheap cheap olympus mju waterproof up to 3 m depth. enough right?

gazkw

Jan 12, 2009
East Coast
www.garygraphy.com
im just wondering if there is any consideration for lighting, etc...

probably try to rent an underwater housing to do the shoot.

underwater as in in the sea, or in the swimming pool? lighting will be a major concern, as water filters out red as you go deeper. then there's also particles in the water which may cause "backscatter" and appear like a snowstorm underwater.

not to mention the cost of a housing if you're talking about using a DSLR. my set-up is about $5k without camera and lens..and i think that's considered pretty cheap!

if you need any help, just let me know. i might be interested to assist in the shoot too.

gazkw

Jan 12, 2009
East Coast
www.garygraphy.com
hi antacid, thx a lot for the information.

i was thinking of renting/borrowing housing from a friend.

the shoot should be in a swimming pool. my designer friend is considering if the shoot is feasible, and i'm just checking in with the experts here.

thx for the offer to help too!

anything is feasible. just check out Aaron Wong's work here www.aaronsphotocraft.com

He shoots for Sony using the A700. Cool stuff. Think you will need the camera+housing, and at least 2-3 underwater strobes. Some lightstands or tripods to hold the lights, or maybe some friends will work too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom