Underwater Housing for the Sony DSC-F707

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
Amphibico Launches Its First Housing for a Digital Still Camera - the Sony DSC-F707

h707.jpg

Amphibico, designer and manufacturer of top-of-the-line underwater imaging equipment, announces the introduction of a still camera housing worthy of the Amphibico brand and worthy of inclusion in its world renowned line of underwater video equipment and accessories.

The 707 housing has been created consistent with Amphibico's reputation for designing high quality products and is manufactured from marine grade aluminum with ergonomically positioned camera controls and perfect balance underwater.

Both electronic and mechanical controls will access key camera functions: the zoom (T/W), pre-trigger (image framing) and power on/off will be electronic while the strobe on/off/auto, white balance, metering mode and shutter will be mechanical. The 707 has a wet alarm and, while it is available standard with a flat port, it will accept all of Amphibico's bayonet-mounted lens assemblies.

The rear of the camera provides easy viewing of the 1.8" LCD color monitor. The camera and housing have been positioned for "straight-thru" photography, the choice of professionals for easier and more precise framing of subjects especially moving subjects.

Only Amphibico offers LSD. The 707 will utilize any available strobe but is equipped with LSD, Light Sensor Device, designed by Amphibico's electronics engineers to provide perfect lighting every shot by imitating TTL light monitoring. Or you may simply want to mount one of Amphibico's self-contained-power 10 watt arc lamps. They are always on, offer more than an hour of burn time, have no hot spots and produce a colour temperature of 6500°K.

Suggested Retail price: $995.00 US

hey willy!! maybe u can get this and take some underwater pics. ;p

hmm.. seems like lots of people are tempting willy... think he has got to master the art of tolerance.. in order not to get tempted.. keke ;) :bsmilie:

BUY BUY BUY !!

it is not only a underwater casing , can be used as weather proof camera .. :)

Mega, you got any links to SLR underwater casings?
I've a master diver friend who advised me to use SLR if possible. So guess I'm looking into this area.

Originally posted by Shadus
I've a master diver friend who advised me to use SLR if possible. So guess I'm looking into this area.

Nikonos V~~~~

buy buy buy buy buy~~~~~~~~~ :dent:

Originally posted by Shadus

Can't help you ... me :dunno:

Originally posted by kamwai

wah...

i think willy will rather invest in a DSLR than this...

if $99.50 i may consider...
I think D SLR and underwater casing is different issue ...

Originally posted by kamwai

wah...

i think willy will rather invest in a DSLR than this...

if $99.50 i may consider...

Ya.. u are right... the price is too high and i don't think the 707 is a good candidate for underwater photography..

First, the zoom won't be utilised much... 2nd 707 isn't good at flash, which is important in underwater photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.