underwater casing for c5050z

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildswan

Apr 2, 2003
jurong west
Visit site
anyone has an underwater casing for c5050z or has information about it please comment. thank you.

I saw a few shops at Funan Centre are selling the waterproof case for C5050. But I think it is quite expensive maybe $500++.

I wish I have a Water proof case for my C5050 bcos I going redang next week.:cry: :bheart:

I dunno leh, cos it is organised by my friend. I just pay $$$ and hope in.

I will try to take some good pic if my skill permit. Any suggestion on what setting to use with C5050?

MS color selling the oly Pt-015 for 299

and the ikelite housing will be about 1100

Wah so cheap. Hmmmm maybe i going to get one.

btw, what the ikelite housing????

is the casing offered by mscolor original underwater casing for c5050z? i was searching the web for a dedicated casing but could not find one. so i didnt bother to even go to AP to check it out. maybe Mr Gadget can update us after you have gotten one.

there are currently only 2 3rd party manufacturers are making housings for the C5050Z

one is ikelite, www.ikelite.com
and another one is light and motion.
www.uwimaging.com

i am thinking of getting the ikelite myself.

the housing offered by ms colour is the OLYMPUS housing : PT-015;)

What the price if three of us buy together since we are interested.

If price is good I might consider, but I must buy by this tuesday afternoon. Else I will wait because I will on the way to Redang liao and I don't think I need that underwater case in few months time. So wait wait lor:D

Originally posted by MrGadget
What the price if three of us buy together since we are interested.

If price is good I might consider, but I must buy by this tuesday afternoon. Else I will wait because I will on the way to Redang liao and I don't think I need that underwater case in few months time. So wait wait lor:D

i am still undecided whether to get a ikelite housing or a PT-015 from olympus...... sigh decisions......:dunno:

At $1100 for a ikelite housing:eek:

I suggest you get the PT-015 from olympus. Furthermore it is a original piece from OLY. and only $299.

Still want to buy ? Tomorrow afternoon? what price?:D

i have tried the housing before and it is quite ok......
compact, but there are limitations with it, one very troublesome one is the jog dial.....

underwater, glove, current..........:dunno:
half shutter is a problem as well....

when a strobe is added... then complications start to arrive....

The housing was $285 via equotation from Cathay Photo...

Hi :D

you fellas are all users of C5050z? I am interested to get this model and the underwater casing as well, but am hesitating cos i would like to hear from the users how the performance of the camera is ... esp on the shutter lag thing. is it serious? do you find a tendency of motion blur?

i dont observe significant shuttle lag for this cam and motion blur in the pictures i have taken so far. i like the bright lens f1.8 that the cam has (i think it is the brightest in the market for a consumer cam). and the underwater casing is just right for takin gthe cam to reasonable depth. another nice thing about the cam is it can accept three types of mem modules (CF, xD and MMC/something like that). CF will not die due to wide spread use on pro digi cam and xD is the new kid on the block in term of mem module. so it is future proved in term of mem. it also uses AA batteries that are widely available in case the rechargeable ones run flat. other things and accessories are standard like nikon and canon.

one more plus is the photo workshop and free prints (12 copies i think) that come with the purchase of the cam.

enuff reason to buy one?

Hi hi .. thank you so much for your opinion. ^_^ I am upgradin from Canon A40 and I certainly hope that I am really spending to upgrade, not create more problems and end up sourcing for another camera.... I am very attracted to C5050, really, just that i saw some reviews and the way they described it, I had to ask for more opinions... Has anyone tried using it to take pictures of kids?

Originally posted by beivied
Hi hi .. thank you so much for your opinion. ^_^ I am upgradin from Canon A40 and I certainly hope that I am really spending to upgrade, not create more problems and end up sourcing for another camera.... I am very attracted to C5050, really, just that i saw some reviews and the way they described it, I had to ask for more opinions... Has anyone tried using it to take pictures of kids?

shutter lag has always been a problem especially digicams it has to seek and then mesure light sources and stuff takes a long time. That's why it's hard to shoot kids. it would be a good option to hlaf press first to minimize shutter lag to almost null.

Thank you Sianrongz ....

how about motion blur? (you can really seewhat i am concerned about) and white balance? Actually 80% of my mind is already set on a C5050, hahhaa..... and hey, if you fellas have not gotten the underwater casing yet, do count me in for the time being , yeah? Thanks.. would like more opinions on C5050, of course. ^_^

Originally posted by beivied
Thank you Sianrongz ....

how about motion blur? (you can really seewhat i am concerned about) and white balance? Actually 80% of my mind is already set on a C5050, hahhaa..... and hey, if you fellas have not gotten the underwater casing yet, do count me in for the time being , yeah? Thanks.. would like more opinions on C5050, of course. ^_^

motion blur has nothing to do with the camera it all depends on the settings you use like if you set a long time exposure and you have movment in the camera tada motion blur or the subject moves tada motion blur too.

If you have a fast shutter speed + flash you willl freeze your taget in the image and get a sharp image.

So therefore motion blur has nothing to do with the camera only the user.

white balance wise if you read up at dprewview.

From dpreview.com The C-5050 Zoom's automatic white balance really only performed well in natural light where it seemed fairly capable at deciding the difference between sunlight, shade and cloudy conditions. Under artificial light however there was a pink or yellow warm cast to images and the best results were obtained by switching to one of the preset white balances or by creating a manual (custom) white balance. It's also worth considering that all of the C-5050 Zoom's white balance settings can be fine tuned.

or you could read the whole thing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.