Underwater Casing for 5060WZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapperBB

Sep 26, 2005
Upper Changi Road
Hi all,

I have with me a 5060WZ for the past few years. Thinking of getting an underwater casing for the camera. Is there one in the market at this moment? I wouldn't mind a second hand if it is in good condition.

Cheers!

The Olympus underwater housing for C5060 is PT020. It is most probably out of production, you get what is ex-stock or second hand. If you are getting second hand, check the exterior for any wear and tear, any cracks, any mis-alignment of body and door, o-ring condition, lens port intactness, lens port o-ring, button responsiveness...

The underwater housing for C7070 is also useable.

I saw the Pt-20 casing at Sim LIm Square
#01-56 Genernation Electronics Pte Ltd 63390550
On window display..brand new.

THanks all for the info. How much would a new one cost if anyone has the information?

Regards.

new PT020 costs around $400. It should contain a full set of o-rings, weight, lanyard, silicone, manual, lens cap and a dinky o-ring remover. go get a better o-ring remover from sea&sea.

also good to get spare o-rings, but olympus showroom is out of o-rings for PT020, can try sea&sea.

I have 1 set of original spare Olympus PT-020 O-rings.

But I'm still waiting for updates on the constant problem of their underwater housing hotshoes cracking.

agreedwith dylan to get an ikelite housing if you plan to use an external strobe. I bought the Pt-027 housing for my c-7070 and it cracked at the accessory shoe area just after 2 dive trips and oly singapore just ignore the problem stating that its not under warranty. Also had the flash housing for FL-20 but the cable bulkhead for connecting the sync cable got flooded during my last mamado trip.

I just received mine from ebay brand new. It cost US$150 + shipping to Indonesia US$40s so total is US$190s. This item is rare now and not many spotted on ebay. Haven't use it till now. But seeing/feeling the item rather bulky, anyone thinking of getting this should really consider many times over. Unless you dive very often and at semi to pro level diver otherwise best to get the smaller Olys underwater gears such as the SP320 + UW casing or just the simple 770SW (10m). Anyway divers know that the best view of the sea creatures are at the level not deeper than 10m. But then again the choice is all up to your convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.