Underwater camera (disposable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

recca02

Mar 29, 2009
hi guys,

anyone can recommend me a place where i can get cheap disposable camera that can enable me to shoot underswater?;p

hi guys,

anyone can recommend me a place where i can get cheap disposable camera that can enable me to shoot underswater?;p

i usually buy from any one of those photography shops for around $15-20...

Most camera shops have it, check Consumer Corner for addresses, give them a ring. Take note of the maximum depth. Snorkeling is fine, but scuba diving is too deep. Usually, no scuba dive instructor would let you take it down.

Erm.. I think its cheaper to buy a reuseable waterproof film camera? Costs about $20-30. Some even comes with flash! But not very entirely sure about the depth it can go. try searching on the yahoo gmarket. =)

Most camera shops have it, check Consumer Corner for addresses, give them a ring. Take note of the maximum depth. Snorkeling is fine, but scuba diving is too deep. Usually, no scuba dive instructor would let you take it down.

eh... used a few times for scuba liao... no problem.
up to 18m... i think i did a couple deep dive with the disposable camera too...
why ur instructor so niao don't let u take down, u were doing ur open water issit?

only thing is picture quality not that good lah especially when vis is poor cos no flash.... think got versions with flash.

some sample pics:
Car Wreck!
38820001.jpg

Spot the shark?
38820011.jpg

38820022.jpg

eh... used a few times for scuba liao... no problem.
up to 18m... i think i did a couple deep dive with the disposable camera too...
why ur instructor so niao don't let u take down, u were doing ur open water issit?

Nope, it was during a normal dive. (On Open Water no camera was allowed at all.) Reason is simple: when your camera is only "up to 15m" you would block at least your buddy from going deeper, thus splitting the group. Depending on the people and skills in the group this might not be suitable. Secondly, if you need to go deeper to help others but your camera would crack there .. some people can turn out very selfish / kiasu. Final decision is with instructor / dive guide, always.
Let's get back to topic :)

Nope, it was during a normal dive. (On Open Water no camera was allowed at all.) Reason is simple: when your camera is only "up to 15m" you would block at least your buddy from going deeper, thus splitting the group. Depending on the people and skills in the group this might not be suitable. Secondly, if you need to go deeper to help others but your camera would crack there .. some people can turn out very selfish / kiasu. Final decision is with instructor / dive guide, always.
Let's get back to topic :)

yup understand ur point... ;)
just sharing that the disposable camera is fully capable of going beyong the listed depth limits as tested by me. also for a $20 disposable if it does crack n leak, i'll just let it be n continue my dive. anyways now i'm done with disposables invested in UW casing for my canon ixus... still yet to use it though :(
wonder what the TS gonna use it for, maybe just for snorkelling or at the beach then no issue liao...

wah thanks for the reply guys~
meanwhile pls give me your comments on my pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39325507@N08

ermm bro u abit the OTT leh.... haha :bsmilie: no offence...

i though u gonna post some underwater shots, but u ask for c&c on ur regular shots in ur thread abt underwater camera...

Last edited:
wah thanks for the reply guys~
meanwhile pls give me your comments on my pics

Be selective, post the images (not the link to entire album) into respective categories. For single images where you have spend time and it's not just a snapshot you can post into Critique Corner for in-depth discussion, but please read the guidelines before.

SHARK?? :bigeyes:
I think if I see one, I know it's end of my life.. :sweat:

hmm...not if is a great white or tiger...i don't know..the whole fun of diving for me is to see the big fishes and shark is def one of them. i used to have one of those underwater film camera...at deeper level is quite useless without flash..TS..if u do this often enough,it may be worth while to invest in a digital ones..maybe not a dslr just a normal pns or even a prosumer

Status
Not open for further replies.