under what circumstances do u use ur flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyori

Mar 14, 2007
planning to go into dslr..but even when i m using pns.. i tend to have the tendancy to use flash cos it wun be noisy

Depends on a few things for me. Lighting condition, what lens I'm using. If I'm using f/1.2 I may and may not use flash in low light depending on the effects I want to achieve. For strobing with 2-3 flash is another matter. Also for fill in flash in harsh daylight, etc.

I use flash when there is not enough light. :p

Last edited:
not enought light = use
enough light depends on situation...i wan to take portrait against strong light background etc

To TS: Your question is too general and vague.

I'm not sure what kind of answer you were expecting other than:
"I use the flash when there's not enough light, or for fill"

Different reasons to use flash in different scenarios.

I use it in macro so I can handhold the camera instead of using a tripod.
I also use it in porttraits for catchlights.

But if your concern is noise, I think u will be comforted in knowing that the noise level is generally way lower for dSLR than a PnS when you shoot without flash.

but what tell us to use our flash? when we can't get the exposure rite? w/o sufficient lightings, i cant properly set all the aperture, shutter speed etc. i mean how to determine?

planning to go into dslr..but even when i m using pns.. i tend to have the tendancy to use flash cos it wun be noisy

i use flash when one side of the face got natural light, another side of the face got no light.. anyway, i hate flash, only use under limited situations...

unless u print everything A1, or A2 size, noise cant be printed out obviously on 4R... so try not to view photo using 100% of original size.. it makes my day... it took me a long time to accept this fact too... lol...

for my case, I use flash to increase the shutter speed, thus minimize handshake.

From my understanding, for pns, if you use auto, when disable flash, it will try to increase ISO to minimize possible handshake, thus increase noise.

basically u tell urself when to use flash.

cos u r The Photographer.
only u know what pic u wan to take in ur mind

i use flash when i want to be noticed by the people around me.

i sometimes just take the flash out, and trigger it just for the fun of it, and to attract more attention.

you can do that too?

instead of asking for magic situations, note that you can use your flash anytime, anywhere

just as long as you need light, and know how to use it properly.. it can be used

doesn't have to be in some dark dark place.

for example, can shoot against the sun and fill flash, very nice effect for portraits sometimes, if you think about and understand the light, how it works. ;)

To TS: Your question is too general and vague.

I'm not sure what kind of answer you were expecting other than:
"I use the flash when there's not enough light, or for fill"
Ya, I think the common answer will be the lighting.

basically u tell urself when to use flash.

cos u r The Photographer.
only u know what pic u wan to take in ur mind
:thumbsup:

i use flash when i want to be noticed by the people around me.

i sometimes just take the flash out, and trigger it just for the fun of it, and to attract more attention.

you can do that too?
:thumbsup:

When I wanna control my lighting..

Status
Not open for further replies.