Under water cam to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXXcat

Apr 25, 2006
woodlands
Hi there,

My friend is looking for a underwater Cam for her trip to tioman soon....
anyone can recommend any cam?

olympus 770? :dunno:

yes i knoe, but she just want to know the price first.
of cos compact cam.

oly 770 not bad. canon 850IS also not bad. maybe can consider fuji f31fd too. haha

oly 770 not bad. canon 850IS also not bad. maybe can consider fuji f31fd too. haha
the problem come is that you will have to get a additional UW casing for f31fd and 850IS... iirc they cost $200+ :dunno:
oly 770 is good enough for normal use up to 10m UW

Okie guys.. thanks for much for the info.. ;)

I will let her know..

the problem come is that you will have to get a additional UW casing for f31fd and 850IS... iirc they cost $200+ :dunno:
oly 770 is good enough for normal use up to 10m UW

that's true, the housing costs almost 300 when i last checked but if u have the intention to go deeper the next time, it is ok to invest a bit more :). Btw, the oly also need to get a u/w housing when going beyond 10m so really no difference unless u r sure u going to snorkel only for the lifespan of the camera. haha. but on the other hand, getting the oly should be safer lar. coz housing flood also camera should still survive (based on theory, anyone want to try at 30m?). haha

yes you must budget for the camera housing.

Canons have been good so far, + point is the AA rechargables.

A570IS looks good and relatively affordable too

actually, u can check on the underwater photography subforum to see what are some of the cameras setup used by the people underwater. there are quite a few compact users there as well.

Average pns with own brand housing can cost $600-$800. Get fuji F31fd the high iso is useful in case you do not want to spend additional cost on strobes and arms support.
It has uw mode which make the photos color vibrant and saturated. Black and white mode for specials photos. Can put in the BCD pockets in case and battery comsumption can last 4days.

My humble opinion.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=267353

Think TS has already decided. haha

Do note the max depth the camera itself / housing can go... :)

Any Nikonos series.

Status
Not open for further replies.