Under the flyer

chaffjammer

Jun 13, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi this is my 2nd post in the critique section, pls CnC as much as possible :)

4373990867_a580ee0828_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Maybe the angle of which this was taken from
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To show how grand the S'pore flyer is
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I would have made this coloured, but the sky was grey at this point so I made it B&W
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I feel that better skies would have made it nicer?

There is one thing that I always watch out for with the Flyer. Be mindful of the position of the capsule nearest to you and not to cut if off like what you did. Its really about attention to detail and the overall design of the composition which you have to really think about before you take the photo.

Besides, the gloomy ambient light is not helping you to portrait the grandeur of the structure. Nicer sky would have helped but getting quality ambient light is more critical in this case.

I agree that BW does not shows the grandeur of the flyer.
but i do like the BW effect, thou the photo seems pixel-ed or a little grainy.
Insufficient light?

kinda soft...

love the composition and the way you wan to show the HUGE size of flyers. somehow i found something missing, mayb color and clear blue sky would b better. can try to re-take at the late afternoon or even sunset time.

i always wanted to take a silhouette flyer with a blue sky. but i had to work till late so hope u can help me on this. haha;)

@4YiNg4 : Hmmm I dunno why I had ISO set at 200 at the time, so shouldn't be grainy. maybe some post editing problem?

@elavan : Ok I'll take it into consideration next time

@bullseyez : Thanks :) I made it B&W cos it was on the verge of raining so the sky was quite dark? If it was about noon time and clear skies I would've left it in colour. I'm in JC now so I'm not much better off :)

After the oversupply of the "me too" Flyer photographs we have seen, mostly taken at dusk with a backdrop of the city, I find this photo taken from a new perspective to be a most refreshing change. Regardless of aforementioned technicalities I award it top marks for creativity.