Undecided Canon EOS M or LUMIX GF6?

EM1 is old news. people are waiting for NEX-9 :p

Yeah... I am one of them... but saw the rumors... USD4000? That is higher than A99 (I think)... I need to sell my liver and lung... plus my legs (I need my hands to press the shutter button) to get one :(

My budget is about 1K. Hence looking for Canon EOS M or Lumix GF6 or Sony Nex 3

Oh... angeric39, do take into account which camera actually gave you a standard hotshoe... to me, external flash is very very important (not sure about you though). Happy hunting.

Any advice for Canon PowerShot SX50?

Pro:

1) Wide Zoom range
2) Pretty alright image stabliser
3) DSLR like look and with some DSLR like handling
4) Cheap when compared to DSLR and some mirrorless interchangeable lens systems
5) Had a standard hotshoe (I think) that allow for some external accessories such as flash

Cons:
1) Average image quality in good sunlight, poor high ISO performance
2) Very very small sensor (which result to number 1 issue)
3) Quite large
4) For the price, I believe you can get an entry level mirrorless interchangeable lens camera with kit lens (of course you would not have gotten the range SX50 boasted)

And the rule of thumb is still the same, go to the shop and try it out yourself.

Hi angeric39, the picture quality sometimes (or mostly) depends on the lens you are mounting. Most of the current camera should be capable to produce reasonable quality. So now it all depends on the lens you used.

With your budget, you can seriously consider Olympus PEN E-PL6.

Is the Lumix GF6 pictures overly sharp?

What do you mean by overly sharp?

Picture taken also depend on the lens used, and yes, GF6 produce very very good picture IQ and is adequate for most usage. I use a EPM1 for work purpose and if I could use that with kit lens to shoot with very good sharpness at base ISO up to ISO 1600 on PCBA components (which is very small), I think the GF6 with newer and better sensor and graphic processor as compared to the EPM1 should be able to do incredible job.

I am also looking at Sony RX100 II which has very good review that the picture almost DSLR quality. Any comments?

I am also looking at Sony RX100 II which has very good review that the picture almost DSLR quality. Any comments?

Ever since I got my RX-100, I have given away one of my 4/3 cam and another ILC is sitting idle in my drycab. It also replaces my DSLRs when I want to travel very light. I also recommend this cam to friends who I think would not enjoy the hassle of getting a dry cabinet. The RX100 II should be even better.
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/sony-cybershot-dsc-rx100-m2

Not close to DSLR quality.

Closer to Micro 4/3 image quality maybe, but definitely nowhere near DSLR image quality

almost dslr quality or not..well this is very much subjective..
But being an advance compact..the quality is indeed 1 of the better one out in the market (currently)

For its price, size and weight.. I'll say its worth it.

head down to the stores and try it out.. that is most important part than anything else.