Uncertainty

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
1387223914_323687ef07_o.jpg

would like to seek some critque for the above photo.. wanted to portray a sense of going into the unknown, converted into B&W to enhance the shadows in the lower spirals.. added some noise to give a grity feeling..

would like some comments on my composition and post processing.. thanks..

nothing much to complain abt. nice!

sorry, but i dont get the feel because can still the the stairs below, if you want to use the blackout stair below to show uncertainty.

nothing much to complain abt. nice!

thanks..

sorry, but i dont get the feel because can still the the stairs below, if you want to use the blackout stair below to show uncertainty.

yea, I do agree that one light flight of stairs breaks the darkness there.. but I feel otherwise its abit too empty with just a dark void..

of cos I could just PP that away..

any other comments? is it that bad?

is this orginally taken in color? tonality issue. other than that. .pretty good composition.

anyway, here's the original photo before converting to B&W..

1441127389_8c6e6a37e0_o.jpg

like what dennis said, i think the bottom reveals the certainty. see the round patch of basement? Blacken that one out and I think the stairs might look never ending..;)

this is my take on pp

1442427342_365a4707c5_o.jpg

i think it's a good image, lovely composition and a refreshing take on the usual abstract spiral thingy but mood is not brought out? not dark enough for my liking

i can picture putting a "corpse" at the bottom though, maybe that would be interesting :bsmilie:

hi J-chan,

Dont mind me coming out with my version.

i prefer the stairs to gradually darken. That patch of lighten stairs below makes me feel like there's an escape route, like a glimmer of hope, a bit not apt for the title.

Cheers

1441942971_0d5e51a849.jpg

I'll like it real dark and a little contrasty. Will leave the part of the stairs in highlight to show the steps while darken the lower part so that the bottom.

I'll like it real dark and a little contrasty. Will leave the part of the stairs in highlight to show the steps while darken the lower part so that the bottom.

put a dead body at the end of the stairs :D den dun have to make until so dark. lolx

but i like the idea of dis. maybe i should try some day

thanks everyone for their effort.. realised PP does make alot of difference, can get different moods and feelings..

hmm.. hard to decide which version looks nicer..

i think it's a good image, lovely composition and a refreshing take on the usual abstract spiral thingy but mood is not brought out? not dark enough for my liking

i can picture putting a "corpse" at the bottom though, maybe that would be interesting :bsmilie:

thanks, the "corpse" idea is interesting, abit too morbid for my taste though..

and even not dark enough for me hahaha
how about this?
1442629782_6bd049894d_o.jpg

yea a darker image seems to fit the mood better.. I like this rendition..

hi J-chan,

Dont mind me coming out with my version.

i prefer the stairs to gradually darken. That patch of lighten stairs below makes me feel like there's an escape route, like a glimmer of hope, a bit not apt for the title.

Cheers

nah, don't mind.. that was my original intention though..

abit too tiny to see.. but I like the highlights part, sorta streams of light effect..

put a dead body at the end of the stairs :D den dun have to make until so dark. lolx

but i like the idea of dis. maybe i should try some day

try the dead body idea? not a real dead body I hope.. hahaa..

Love this img :thumbsup: so much that I have come out with below. Sorry J-Chan, let me know I will remove it. :cool:

1441127389_8c6e6a37e0_ocopy.jpg

glad you liked it.. like the funky colours, though abit too dark for my liking..

Status
Not open for further replies.