Uncertainty

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005

would like to seek some critque for the above photo.. wanted to portray a sense of going into the unknown, converted into B&W to enhance the shadows in the lower spirals.. added some noise to give a grity feeling..

would like some comments on my composition and post processing.. thanks..

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
sorry, but i dont get the feel because can still the the stairs below, if you want to use the blackout stair below to show uncertainty.

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
nothing much to complain abt. nice!
thanks..

sorry, but i dont get the feel because can still the the stairs below, if you want to use the blackout stair below to show uncertainty.
yea, I do agree that one light flight of stairs breaks the darkness there.. but I feel otherwise its abit too empty with just a dark void..

of cos I could just PP that away..

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
any other comments? is it that bad?

Jun 13, 2006
is this orginally taken in color? tonality issue. other than that. .pretty good composition.

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
anyway, here's the original photo before converting to B&W..

sprintist

Nov 13, 2006
Singapore
www.oddinary.com.sg
like what dennis said, i think the bottom reveals the certainty. see the round patch of basement? Blacken that one out and I think the stairs might look never ending..;)

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
this is my take on pp

i think it's a good image, lovely composition and a refreshing take on the usual abstract spiral thingy but mood is not brought out? not dark enough for my liking

i can picture putting a "corpse" at the bottom though, maybe that would be interesting :bsmilie:

Nov 13, 2006
www.flashbob.com
hi J-chan,

Dont mind me coming out with my version.

i prefer the stairs to gradually darken. That patch of lighten stairs below makes me feel like there's an escape route, like a glimmer of hope, a bit not apt for the title.

Cheers

Jul 28, 2007
Kovan
I'll like it real dark and a little contrasty. Will leave the part of the stairs in highlight to show the steps while darken the lower part so that the bottom.

put a dead body at the end of the stairs :D den dun have to make until so dark. lolx

but i like the idea of dis. maybe i should try some day

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
thanks everyone for their effort.. realised PP does make alot of difference, can get different moods and feelings..

hmm.. hard to decide which version looks nicer..

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
i think it's a good image, lovely composition and a refreshing take on the usual abstract spiral thingy but mood is not brought out? not dark enough for my liking

i can picture putting a "corpse" at the bottom though, maybe that would be interesting :bsmilie:
thanks, the "corpse" idea is interesting, abit too morbid for my taste though..

and even not dark enough for me hahaha
how about this?
yea a darker image seems to fit the mood better.. I like this rendition..

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
hi J-chan,

Dont mind me coming out with my version.

i prefer the stairs to gradually darken. That patch of lighten stairs below makes me feel like there's an escape route, like a glimmer of hope, a bit not apt for the title.

Cheers
nah, don't mind.. that was my original intention though..

I'll like it real dark and a little contrasty. Will leave the part of the stairs in highlight to show the steps while darken the lower part so that the bottom.
abit too tiny to see.. but I like the highlights part, sorta streams of light effect..

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
put a dead body at the end of the stairs :D den dun have to make until so dark. lolx

but i like the idea of dis. maybe i should try some day
try the dead body idea? not a real dead body I hope.. hahaa..

Love this img :thumbsup: so much that I have come out with below. Sorry J-Chan, let me know I will remove it. :cool:

glad you liked it.. like the funky colours, though abit too dark for my liking..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom