Unboxing : HORUSBENNU C-1530 TRIPOD

jamessss

Dec 14, 2007
Hi all, for the past few month I was hunting for my first tripod, considered manfrotto, silk, benro and fancier but wasn't attracted to any because of either price or weight.

Until 2 weeks ago, came across a tripod thread post #27. It was a link to gmarket, something which I used to purchase cheap clothing from.

It was a brand called Horusbennu. Something which I haven't heard of, did some searching but there wasn't much information available but the listing totally attracted me. Carbon Fiber, Monopod function, Neon red ball head, Light weight. So I took the plunge and ordered it. Had quite a bit of problem with the ordering because of the language and they only support IE, so be warned, you need to use IE if you want to order smoothly *Mac user are out of luck*. Something weird is that they e-mailed me asking for ID or passport scan to verify the address, nevertheless, I sent a soft copy of my IC and they mailed out my item.

It was sent out by EMS (Express mail service) and reach me quite fast. Did the order on 29th apr, received 5th May.

Ok, Enough of talks, time for picture.

2irme6e.jpg

Size of the box arriving.

o02bs2.jpg

Inside the box, only got this.
*Pardon for this blur picture but was very late already, didn't check the picture.*

6eequq.jpg

The box size comparison.

fvzf54.jpg

The box!!!

sb64w3.jpg

The content. The tripod, 2 unknown voucher, a mini gorilla pod alike (with a hotshoe cover [I don't understand why they give a hotshoe cover as well]), the allen key for tightening and loosening.

Some general comment are, The build is very solid but feels light enough. The attachment for the camera needs to be tighten by the screw given, kinda troublesome if you ask me, considering 3rd party now. To me, I feel that it was a good buy at $270 SGD with shipping :thumbsup::sweatsm:

Last edited:
Wow.... metallic red ballhead :bigeyes: Nice :thumbsup:

how is it stability wise?

maximum height is 131 cm, i see, that is a bit of a letdown.

Looks kinda short. It's a 3-section, so I don't suppose it extends very much.
TS, how tall are you? If max height is 131cm as night86mare says, then even with the ballhead and camera added in, the viewfinder is at most 150cm from the ground. Means I gotta lower my eye level by about 30cm!! ouch... I can feel the backbones aching already... :)

$270 for a carbon fibre tripod (looks like it) and ballhead and bag is quite a good price.

Looks kinda short. It's a 3-section, so I don't suppose it extends very much.
TS, how tall are you? If max height is 131cm as night86mare says, then even with the ballhead and camera added in, the viewfinder is at most 150cm from the ground. Means I gotta lower my eye level by about 30cm!! ouch... I can feel the backbones aching already... :)

$270 for a carbon fibre tripod (looks like it) and ballhead and bag is quite a good price.

I am only 164, so its fine for me.

Yup, its a carbon fibre tripod! So its definitely a good buy for me :)

Err.... thxs. But no read Korea :sweat:

The below pictures were directly from the listing of this tripod. CLICK HERE

c-1530_00003.jpg

I guess the max load on the tripod alone is 12KG

lx3_spec.jpg

As for the ballhead, I would say its 30KG for the max load?

So much bling. Looks really good, but how does it perform?

It's pictured with a big white lens, flash and battery grip somemore. No noticeable creep with that?

So much bling. Looks really good, but how does it perform?

It's pictured with a big white lens, flash and battery grip somemore. No noticeable creep with that?

Well, did tried it at home with D80 mounted with tamaron 17-50 and SB-600, altogether a weight of about 2kg, no creep and is very firm.

use google translate.

Does it work for Korean ? I tried doing so for another Korean product but the translated version do not make sense at all, giving me alphabets and number. :dunno:

Hahaha ok i know i am going off topic but while searching for this horusbennu brand saw that this brand is also selling this hands free umbrella. You can continue taking photos if it starts raining. just looks very funny to me :bsmilie:

those interested can try here

http://cgi.ebay.com/Horusbennu-Mini-Umbrella-hat-outdoor-photograph-/320414634834?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4a9a335352#ht_7102wt_939

umbrella-006.jpg

Last edited: