unable to open RAW file in photoshop..help needed from anyone..!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvinnghl

Oct 2, 2007
Help needed...i have jus brought a Canon 400D DSLR and i chose the RAW format when taking pics. ..however, when i tried to open the RAW files using photoshop elements 4.0, i can't open the RAW files....

noticed that the 400D RAW file is in .CR2 format whereas photoshop's RAW file is in .CRW format...

anyone, ple help...!!!!!thks!!

Go download a RAW plugin for your camera from Adobe's website.

You probably need a newer version.

hi zac08,

sorry for the ignorance..the pluggin is for the camera or the photoshop software...?thks ....!!!!

Get the Camera Raw 3.6 update

It should be sufficient for your usage.

alrite..!!!thks a lot for ur help...!!!!will go n d/l the software immediately....thks again..!!

Get the Camera Raw 3.6 update

It should be sufficient for your usage.

hi zac08, after d/l the software (its a zip file), how do i implement it into my elements 4.0 software..cos i still cant open the .CR2 files...sorry for being a computer klutz here..thkss...

After downloading the zip file, use the operating system or a utility such as WinZip or PKZIP to extract the file's contents

To install with Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0:

1. Exit Photoshop Elements.
2. Open My Computer.
3. Double-click Local Disk (C).
4. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)

Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 4.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats

5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.

6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as in Step 4.

7. Launch Photoshop Elements

hi where do i download the update of photoshop CS 1 in order to open RAW files from Nikon dslrs? i cant open raw in photoshop.

From clicking Zac'z link, i am able to see the Version CS, is it those? but which 1 should i choose?

they have

Camera Raw 2.4 update

Camera Raw 2.3 update

Camera Raw 2.2 update

and many more...

hi where do i download the update of photoshop CS 1 in order to open RAW files from Nikon dslrs? i cant open raw in photoshop.

From clicking Zac'z link, i am able to see the Version CS, is it those? but which 1 should i choose?

they have

Camera Raw 2.4 update

Camera Raw 2.3 update

Camera Raw 2.2 update

and many more...

Look for one which supports your camera.

Is there any RAW plugins for Adobe Photoshop 7?

U still got the canon digital photo professional software for raw editing :)

It get redirected to RAW 4.3 download page,and 4.3 is not compatible with 7:(

Btw, the original plugin for RAW for photoshop 7 was meant to be a paid plugin. You have to pay to get it. Only with the emergence of CS did they include RAW support without having to pay extra as CS was priced much higher than 7.

I would suggest that you look at Elements if you do not wish to pay the high cost for CS.

thanks zac, by the way, how do u manage to know which works for which? skillzzzz??

Status
Not open for further replies.