Umbrella Reflector

Status
Not open for further replies.

teerex

Mar 10, 2003
Singapore
Thinking of trying a home studio setup. Don't exactly know how and where to begin. But for a start was thinking of buying an umbrella reflector to work with a single SB800, don't have another to venture into CLS.

Will I be able to get decent lighted portraits with the SB800 and a reflector like this one:-
be5b74584afcea2b5a8e42b8672c183a.jpg

In addition to this I suppose I will need a light stand to hold the reflector. Anything else that I will need? Anybody knows what is the estimate cost of such a umbrella reflector and a lightstand?

I'm aware that Eastgear is selling some sort of studio setup props, but I'm looking at alternative setups that are not too expensive.

Appreciate any advices.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
eh zod, your lightstand got pics...
eh, i din get them in the end :D

teerex said:
Thinking of trying a home studio setup. Don't exactly know how and where to begin. But for a start was thinking of buying an umbrella reflector to work with a single SB800, don't have another to venture into CLS.

Will I be able to get decent lighted portraits with the SB800 and a reflector like this one:-
be5b74584afcea2b5a8e42b8672c183a.jpg

In addition to this I suppose I will need a light stand to hold the reflector. Anything else that I will need? Anybody knows what is the estimate cost of such a umbrella reflector and a lightstand?

I'm aware that Eastgear is selling some sort of studio setup props, but I'm looking at alternative setups that are not too expensive.

Appreciate any advices.

no harm trying. i am always in favour of DIY and low cost unless it is for commercial purposes.

reachme2003 said:
no harm trying. i am always in favour of DIY and low cost unless it is for commercial purposes.

Right agree with you, for home hobby usage I think it could work. As in zod's link, it does not seem to cost too much for the umbrella, light stand and the adapter. Will be going down to Ruby to have a look and talk to those guys there for further recommendation.

btw, eastgear sells translucent umbrella for $12. or is it $20?

hmmm I think i need umbrella too. nowadays, everyday is raining... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.