Ultrasonic dog repellent

Status
Not open for further replies.
redstone said:
Anyone knows where I can get this?

It's like a small spray canister. When pressed, it emits a high frequency sound inaudible to humans.

When animals here, they run away.
Why be so terrified of dogs to this point?

Dogs are relatively friendly animals like humans. Don't piss them off, u wun get bitten.
If u understand them more, the less u'll be afraid of them. :)

Just remember, a relaxed swinging tail is a sign of friendliness whilst a stiff, erect tail wagging double quick time and harsh panting is a sign of excitement.

I got one of these, something slightly smaller than the size of an A4 sized paper. Not for carrying around, meant to be placed outdoors. Never got around to using it, so don't know if it actually works.

jsbn said:
Why be so terrified of dogs to this point?

Dogs are relatively friendly animals like humans. Don't piss them off, u wun get bitten.
If u understand them more, the less u'll be afraid of them. :)

Just remember, a relaxed swinging tail is a sign of friendliness whilst a stiff, erect tail wagging double quick time and harsh panting is a sign of excitement.

Are wild dog packs territorial?
Do wild dogs attack if not provoked?
I was at Matilda House today.
Saw some wild dogs barking.

Dunno at me or each other. :eek:

buy some BBQ drumsticks to feed them and they'll be your friend.

redstone said:
Are wild dog packs territorial?
Do wild dogs attack if not provoked?
I was at Matilda House today.
Saw some wild dogs barking.

Dunno at me or each other. :eek:
Let them bark. When they walk near to u with suspicion, stay still. Let them sniff u. Speak to them in low cooing gentle voices. Let them lick ya hand. And slowly squat down to their level. Never, ever bark (literally) back at them. I know a friend who does that, the dog chases her and she starts running. Sometimes I wish I can give her a slap.

And never, ever bend over a dog (a strange dog or a familiar one) and start patting it on the head or screech in a high-pitched voice. Dogs have exceptionally sensitive ears. :)

If u're still in doubt, get some dog biscuits and give them some. Feed them by hand and start rubbing them on the head and scratching them.

Never fear them. Somehow, animals can smell ur fear and will try to walk up to u even nearer simply because they know u're frightened of them. Let them sniff. Its just a sniff, u wun lose a chunk of meat that way.

jsbn said:
Let them bark. When they walk near to u with suspicion, stay still. Let them sniff u. Speak to them in low cooing gentle voices. Let them lick ya hand. And slowly squat down to their level. Never, ever bark (literally) back at them. I know a friend who does that, the dog chases her and she starts running. Sometimes I wish I can give her a slap.

And never, ever bend over a dog (a strange dog or a familiar one) and start patting it on the head or screech in a high-pitched voice. Dogs have exceptionally sensitive ears. :)

If u're still in doubt, get some dog biscuits and give them some. Feed them by hand and start rubbing them on the head and scratching them.

Never fear them. Somehow, animals can smell ur fear and will try to walk up to u even nearer simply because they know u're frightened of them. Let them sniff. Its just a sniff, u wun lose a chunk of meat that way.
In case u guys are wondering, yes I'm a dog & animal lover (but dun own a dog).

And no, I'm not one of those ppl that walk around in the middle of the night around HDB flats feeding strays. :)

Drudkh said:
buy some BBQ drumsticks to feed them and they'll be your friend.
Ditto. But plz, don't give them a whole chicken complete with chicken bones. It'll splinter and cause them pain. :(

jsbn said:
You should try that with a Pit Bull...... :bsmilie:

That's one dog that I'll never do. Those peeps are trained to attack and kill-kill-kill. :bsmilie:

Typically those tricks works with mongrels. Nice, big, friendly with the lick, rugged, but occasionally a little shot in the head when they nip u. :(

Ahhh~~~ brings back memories. :)

jsbn said:

Serious?
They won't bark and run after me?

Cos the terrian around Matilda House is very difficult to run in, especially now, it's muddy from all that rain.

redstone said:
Serious?
They won't bark and run after me?

Cos the terrian around Matilda House is very difficult to run in, especially now, it's muddy from all that rain.
Haven't been to that area so I wun know. But one I thing I do noe, never bark back, never run. Stay still....

U run, it will trigger their kill-kill-kill instinct. :)

Alternatively, if u know that u'll be patronising deserted places full of stray dogs, prepare a small plastic bag of dog biscuits. :)

My advice is try not to go there alone, someone feed the stray dogs around there and also attract a lot of crows.

It maybe not safe to go there by yourself.

High 5, jsbn!:thumbsup:

I'm an animal lover myself. And the key to not fearing animals such as dogs is to understand them. I'm a member of a local pet forum and we have frequent gatherings to share our knowledge and also give our four-legged friends a chance to meet other dogs and humans. Look at the following picture. This was taken at an animal sanctuary called Noah's Ark in JB. We make a yearly trip there to give those animals some tender loving care. Most of the dogs are left behind by owners or rescued from abuse. If you are afraid of dogs, you'd probably avoid this place like a plague as there are over a hundred of them. But these dogs are just too happy to see us. They will push their heads under your hands to tell you to pat them.

CRW_5614.jpg

I used to have a phobia for dogs due to an incident when young. But now I can approach practically any dog because I understand them better. Here are a few things to know:
  • Dogs can be territorial and that's why they bark when you are close to their territory. It's just their way of warning you. Usually, you can walk pass them slowly and they won't do anything to you. Don't stare at them when you do so.
  • If you pass by the place frequently, like what jsbn said, let them sniff your hand. Once they know you, they'll be wagging their tails the next time they see you.
  • Do not attempt to kick them or punch them or hurt them in some other way. You'd only make them more angry.
  • If you decide to approach them, do it slowly with no sudden movements.
  • If you are attacked and you can't outrun them, curl up like a ball and protect your ears, face and neck with your hands, and stay still.
Avoid using the dog repeller, which emits an ultrasonic tone, or repellent, which is like a mace spray. Why do you want to hurt them? Most dogs are not aggressive creatures. After all, dogs are man's best friends.;)

Hi, if you find one, let me know...I want to get one too...very useful if exploring into Kampong and forest....

Status
Not open for further replies.