Ultra Wide Angle Lenses Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezzotint

Dec 27, 2004
Balestier area
martinliew.zenfolio.com
hi everyone! :)

I wanna get some reviews and feedbacks on the following comparison between these 2 brands of ultra wide angle lenses i.e Tokina & Sigma 12-24mm.

I'll need one for architectural photography. Any good advises as well from the experts or gurus here? I appreciate for yr kind comments. Thank you. :D

id go for the sigma simply cos its full frame. i can use on both digital and film cameras. the quality of the sigma is good too

Architectural use? Then you should be looking at Tilt-Shift lenses.

Not necessary all photographs on architectural buildings. some group shots and landscape as well. :)

What do u guys think of Tamron 17-35mm wide angle lens? This one is also integrated for film and digital SLR cameras. :)

Mezzotint said:
Not necessary all photographs on architectural buildings. some group shots and landscape as well. :)

What do u guys think of Tamron 17-35mm wide angle lens? This one is also integrated for film and digital SLR cameras. :)

The choice of a WA lens will depend on whether you're using film or digital, and on what brand you're using. For example, it wouldn't be very productive to use this Tamron on a Canon 350D considering the kit lens at 18-55mm achieves a similarly wide view with an upside on the long end.

Mezzotint said:
hi everyone! :)

I wanna get some reviews and feedbacks on the following comparison between these 2 brands of ultra wide angle lenses i.e Tokina & Sigma 12-24mm.

I'll need one for architectural photography. Any good advises as well from the experts or gurus here? I appreciate for yr kind comments. Thank you. :D

get a shift/tilt or PC lens for architectural usage. get a wide angle zoom for your group shots.

Mezzotint said:

if i remember correctly, some cser experience problem using this lens with canon dslr.

Mezzotint said:
Thanks for all the valuable info. Btw I'm a Nikon user. :)

Wish everyone a Prosperous Lunar New Year! Happy 2006! :D

the 17-35 tamron is not a bad lens to have. i'm using it now. only minor grouses i have with the lens are the variable aperature (then again, i'm not willing to pay 10x more for the 17-35/2.8) and the slightly plasticky feel to the lens (again, common with tamron lenses).

this was taken with the lens last year at raffles place during the christmas season.

harp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.