Ultimate Fastest Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhair78

Dec 19, 2004
Singapore
rhair78.multiply.com
HI EVERYONE!

I would like to ask if anyone can advise me of the fastest camera in the world currently. In terms of BURST rate.

Drudkh said:

Wow. that is fast! unbelievably fast!
I'm guessing you we will need to carry portable generator and harddisks to take a pics, cos just the shutter, and in that 0.03 sec, we would have taken something like 6 million shots... yike!!! :bigeyes:

wow ... i was thinking more of something we can afford ... haha ... anyways ... for something we can probably afford (easily?) with a good frame rate ..(poor compared to the one in the article) would be the olympus e100rs

AReality said:
200 million fps... not bad.. :)

Hopefully the Singapore Traffic Police is not thinking of purchasing a few of these cameras.

Even "my Lamborghini" cannot "siam."

Expiredyoghurt said:
wow ... i was thinking more of something we can afford ... haha ... anyways ... for something we can probably afford (easily?) with a good frame rate ..(poor compared to the one in the article) would be the olympus e100rs
yeah... at 15 fps its very impressive. :thumbup:

Drudkh said:
yeah... at 15 fps its very impressive. :thumbup:

Yes!!! That is something I looking for!!

But its only 1.5MP... oh no.... :bheart:

Come on guys... anymore HIGH SPEED, HIGH RESOLUTION champions?? :bsmilie:

d2h, d2hs, 1d, 1d mk2, d2x ... all can hit 8fps ... faster? ... don't think mechanical shutter can hit ....

rhair78 said:
Wow. that is fast! unbelievably fast!
I'm guessing you we will need to carry portable generator and harddisks to take a pics, cos just the shutter, and in that 0.03 sec, we would have taken something like 6 million shots... yike!!! :bigeyes:

Generator, yes... But HDD? No.. Most of these high-speed cameras use film.. Not to mention it'd cost an arm and a leg even with lower-quality lenses.. High-speed cameras like these use multiple rotating bodies to achieve such framerates.

anyway, i find that this speed is insane! how the hell are you gonna look through all the frames?! :faint:

i believe the sound of the shutter itself will make us either faint for vomit blood...

imagine 200mil frames... its like... worse then a GPMg.... terrible. i think the faint hearted ones will go like ........ straight line...

maybe find the .wav on the shutter sound... =p and its 200mil FPS leh.... sheez.....

the HDD will be like 1000gb ah ?

glennyong said:
i believe the sound of the shutter itself will make us either faint for vomit blood...

imagine 200mil frames... its like... worse then a GPMg.... terrible. i think the faint hearted ones will go like ........ straight line...

maybe find the .wav on the shutter sound... =p and its 200mil FPS leh.... sheez.....

the HDD will be like 1000gb ah ?

Actually at 200 millions shots a second, I doubt you actually hear shutters.. its more like continuous buzz.....zzzzzzz.zzzzzz.zzzzzz

rhair78 said:
Actually at 200 millions shots a second, I doubt you actually hear shutters.. its more like continuous buzz.....zzzzzzz.zzzzzz.zzzzzz
i think you hear high pitch squeaking sound. ;p

cool! but the problem is how is he gonna go through all the frames? :confused:
imagine he shoot for 3 seconds only and its already like 600 Million frames.. :faint:

Its not used for 3 secs. Usually its only turned on for a split second.

PS: I havent used these cameras before. My knowledege is only from Discovery channel documentaries.

ops... so the camera can only record 16 frames? and not 200 Million frames? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.