Ugly Singaporean Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dithiolium

Apr 8, 2007
/Ranting
Recently had some small time beng steal a table i was waiting at. his lame excuse "u never sit down mah", well I was waiting for the previous couple to move off first, and he knew I was there first. I took a pic with my HP and that really pissed him off, and he 'confronted' me. Anyway that kinda scared him much and he tried to harass me by acting tough guy. All this nonsense for a table? I have more interesting problems in life than that.
I was laughing when I thought about getting into a fight over a food court table! :bsmilie:

I wonder how he had the courage to face his gf, who looked rather decent. That probably messed up his evening and her image of him.

Well I deleted the photo, cos in conflicts walking away/doing nothing diffuses situations.
Much like the road rage incidents we sometimes encounter. The aggressor wants a response from poor us victims to further validate their fury.
Someone shows u a third finger? DO NOTHING! Cos these lamers dun matter in our lives. Our family and friends matter most.
An example - http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/viewPost4609.aspx

Its about Principle and most of the population dun have it.
That is why we have a 'Gracious Society' campaign, cos as a country we aren't gracious at all.

/Ranting

When a person is hungry and looking a seat to gulp his food, he reverts to be a werewolf from the underworld whether gracious one or not.

Werewolf.jpg

You have to be his match and be as vicious and blood thirsty as him to fight for your place.

...What's with the werewolf obsession?

Everytime I see werewolves, I think of the movie Underworld. Then I think of Kate Beckinsale. In her tight leather costume. :bsmilie:

180px-Kate_beckinsale.jpg

/Ranting
Recently had some small time beng steal a table i was waiting at. his lame excuse "u never sit down mah", well I was waiting for the previous couple to move off first, and he knew I was there first. I took a pic with my HP and that really pissed him off, and he 'confronted' me. Anyway that kinda scared him much and he tried to harass me by acting tough guy. All this nonsense for a table? I have more interesting problems in life than that.
I was laughing when I thought about getting into a fight over a food court table! :bsmilie:

I wonder how he had the courage to face his gf, who looked rather decent. That probably messed up his evening and her image of him.

Well I deleted the photo, cos in conflicts walking away/doing nothing diffuses situations.
Much like the road rage incidents we sometimes encounter. The aggressor wants a response from poor us victims to further validate their fury.
Someone shows u a third finger? DO NOTHING! Cos these lamers dun matter in our lives. Our family and friends matter most.

That is why we have a 'Gracious Society' campaign, cos as a country we aren't gracious at all.

/Ranting

Why don't you put tissue first? :bsmilie:

...What's with the werewolf obsession?

Everytime I see werewolves, I think of the movie Underworld. Then I think of Kate Beckinsale. In her tight leather costume. :bsmilie:

180px-Kate_beckinsale.jpg

Kate Benkingsale is hot. :)

was it a two-seater table?
if not what I would do is sit down with them and see how long before they go somewhere else...

Some people dont have food to eat, and here we fight over tables :bsmilie:
Truly gracious indeed. :thumbsup:
And what was thing about being a developed nation ? Yeah, right.

The day we have respect for other human beings and for nature around us, that would be the day we would truly have DEVELOPED - no one needs to label us 'developed' or 'developing' or 'under-developed'.

Until then, ... keep fighting for tables, for queuing up for freebies and on and on...

sorry for the OT, but on second thoughts, have you noticed that the stress levels have indeed gone up a lot in the last 6 months to 1 year ? Os it it only me who's feeling stressed ?
Be it while driving, queuing for my favourite coffee at Killiney, hunting for a table at a food court, paying up traffic fines :bsmilie:
Time to slow down. I was much happier and relaxed when the economy wasn't 'supposedly' doing so well.

/Ranting

/Ranting

welcome to Singapore where the prices are high and the people frowny...

Let's write to our high paid ministar in the P@P gahment to start a be "Gracious at pubic dining tables" campaign. :thumbsup:

/Ranting

/Ranting

I'm quite surprised at the ability of some ppl here to link whatever things, however remote, to the ruiling incumbent. :bsmilie: No wonder keep seeing good topics getting locked of late. :bsmilie:

Anyway, it made me wonder quite abit:
1) 'Snatch the table'? Is the table a single seater and u sounds like u're alone, why not just share the table? Anyway, its just a matter of 'eat-&-screw off-ASAP' right?

2) Since u knew in hindsight that taking his photo in ur HP doesn't solve the problem at all which led to ur deletion of his photo, why do it at all in the first place? Anyway, it made me wonder, even in ur anger (when u're waiting for the couple to move off the 2 seater table & u're alone - since u sounds like u're alone), why not just look for other places to just eat and move off?

3) Well, he's with his gf. Give him a break. Its just a table anyway. He 'jump the queue' and 'snatch ur table' (well, seriously, ur name wasn't written on it). He probably needed that table to just sit with his gf. Forget it, juz get other seats or simply da bao back to office. If u're dining out with ur gf or wife (assuming u have one), wouldn't u appreciate the person who had been 'queueing for a 2-seater' just simply give way to the 2 of u and let u have it?

If someone takes your table, just take pride in knowing that you are not like them.

Will you go hungry and die of starvation, or shrug it off and know you were bought up with more manners than them.

If someone drives in some stupid unthoughtfull way and causes a hinderance on the road, will you be angry and no more intelligent than them ?

If you are worried that you will be late by a minute or two, why not start out a bit earlier, rather than rush ?

People are in too much of a hurry to be somewhere, eat something, do something.

Take the time to appreciate that simply being able to do these things is more than many in this world could wish for.

Take the time to smell the flowers :)

I have my food court table story to share too..

me and my friends 4 of us, after much waiting we finally managed to get a table.

Obviously 4 of us can't go buy food at the same time.. so 2 of them went first.

A auntie with her family (I'm not sure how many) passed by and asked if can share the table. We said sorry, no, its full already..

She walked passed a few times and kept staring at us. Then a comment came as she walk pass this time... "2 person want to occupy this big table, don't know real or not."

We replied we're waiting and the more she mumbled I can't hear what and she kept walking......

Damn I'm so pissed.
:dunno:

Sion, those pics are really a great ice breaker! I'll remember to bring a forge some Silver Cutlery +5 vs Lycanthrope, just for food court adventures. That ought to ward off the werewolves! Together with some wolfbane and a dog whistle.

Night86mare, Kate was (and still is) totally hot HOT HAWT! in Underworld, she's the only reason to watch the movie. But she was the Executor Vamp, really naughty occupation.

jsbn/datan, could see panic in his eyes when I took his pic. we are budding photographers after all.

nottipiggi, I just need to bring more tissue paper packs. Throwing it from 10m away onto a free table should be sufficient to 'book' it.

asterixsg, u did not OT. The pace here has sped up quite a bit, and few of us can cope. In HongKong, the pace is even faster, and more competitive! Seems that we need to adapt better to these changes.

Pablo, well said. Idea is to focus on issues that really matter. Like 'what lens next'? Rather than silly bickering.

erik, that happens to me often when I'm with family.

p.s. Food Republic @ Suntec Convention Centre is rather empty on weekday evenings, probably has something to do with the exorbitant prices. :bsmilie:

:kiss:

Aiyah, people 'steal' 'my' table, I just sit on the floor beside the table and eat with hand lor. Hasn't anyone noticed that the old long house or kampung wedding makan besar where everyone except the bride and groom, and the most VIP all sit on the floor and eat using hand? The food tast sooo much more shiok then!

Ehh, the other thread where all the action on the Uniquely Singapore way or reserving tables got deleted? What happened after pg#4?

The day we learn to stand and eat will the day we attain the gracious society status.

23511068.jpg

She grip the bowl so hard wor... will it last even before she finished her noodles? :sweat:

Aiyah, people 'steal' 'my' table, I just sit on the floor beside the table and eat with hand lor. Hasn't anyone noticed that the old long house or kampung wedding makan besar where everyone except the bride and groom, and the most VIP all sit on the floor and eat using hand? The food tast sooo much more shiok then!

Sitting on the floor and eat like this??

werewolf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.