UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
I have some questions on the labour law in Singapore.
I am a Singapore working in a retail line. But I already tender my resignation letter to the company. This company made all of the staff work like dog...from morning 11am to 9:30pm on weekdays but they will extend the hours to 10:30pm or even 11pm as they wished. Weekends working hours is from 10am to 10:30pm. Off is only 1 day per week and no weekends is allowed. Every month got one stock take..work till 3am but cannot claim OT and taxi fare. Forget to mention, they extend the hours they dun pay OT at all.
I know the labour law working hours per week is 44hrs, but I think I exceeded the hours (me working around 70 plus hours per week!!!). Somemore if sales target is lower than yesterday or last week of the same day, those staff have to report to head office at 8am in the morning and then rush back to store and work till closing.
I worked till my health suffers and I seen doctor and the doctor gave me mc, but now company not happy they want to see me personally. I heard that they will sack staff that take mc...worse of all, they hold the person's pay and demand the person to pay them another 1 month! What the hell?!
If they want to be unreasonable, can I report to MOM about this? Pls help..thanks!

omg:eek:

sounds like slave labor...:sweat:

Can anyone have knowledge of the law pls give me some advice what I should do? Pls..thanks!

psychobiologist to the rescue... tada!!!

575f2dc2.jpg

043452fd.jpg

0c2ef27c.jpg

cf328d14.jpg

0c68848d.jpg

C&C welcome, front undiffused flash was used, aperture was F8, exposure.. 1/60.. iso 400...

so.. what exactly is your notice period? if you have finished serving your notice period.. there should be no compensation at all to the company

there you go..!

do not tolerate such nonsense. it just makes them bolder and bolder, asking for more and more. if i were you, tell your collegues, no reason to let them continue to be mistreated just because they were'nt informed.

so.. what exactly is your notice period? if you have finished serving your notice period.. there should be no compensation at all to the company

Thanks all bros for the replies.
My last day is this coming Sunday...but I'm on MC for 3 days due to very bad cough and vomiting. Now they called me back tomolo for questioning...so what should I do? :angry:

Can anyone have knowledge of the law pls give me some advice what I should do? Pls..thanks!

You can find out more details by going to this site to get more details as to what your RIGHTS are as an employee.

There are enough information there to tell you if you qualify to those rights. As you will see if you draw more then $1600 per month or an a manager...there is little you can do and it has alot to do with what your job or what is stated in your appointment letter the descibes your job and the working hours. You have RIGHTS for sure and I think you have a good case here to seek some advice by calling on the Ministry of Labour. They have a department you can consult with to see if you have a case to take against your former company. Some of these companies are ver cunning and would twist the law into their own advantage so speaking with experts at the ministry is your best bet unless one of our fellow forummer happes to work for them thus is a better person to get some quick advices but if not...I would strongly say you should call the ministry up and ask them for guidance and help. Trust me, they will look into those as I have friends who has done so and they got some of these companies to answer for it.

This company sounds like a really whack job. But I would also caution you to NOT MENTION THE COMPANY HERE ( i know it is tempting but it can work against you) if you intend on taking further action with them. Don't give them something to knock you back till you prepare your game plan.

Calm down and act carefully.... good luck

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal/en/communities/workplace_standards/employment_standards.html

Info on how to log a complain against your employer

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/mompo...rds/Advisory_Services_Dispute_Resolution.html

Boycott them. Mass resignation & all of you go to MOM to complain against them. This will make MOM step in to penalise them.

Thanks all bros for the replies.
My last day is this coming Sunday...but I'm on MC for 3 days due to very bad cough and vomiting. Now they called me back tomolo for questioning...so what should I do? :angry:
you are sick and you are on MC, i believe a doctor's professionalism & opinion should not be of question and should not be challenged by a company that has no consideration for staff welfare.

if you feel you are up to it to go for question, then maybe you can take a look, and if you need, you can borrow my copy of the employment act, pick up from khatib area.

you are sick and you are on MC, i believe a doctor's professionalism & opinion should not be of question and should not be challenged by a company that has no consideration for staff welfare.

if you feel you are up to it to go for question, then maybe you can take a look, and if you need, you can borrow my copy of the employment act, pick up from khatib area.

yea even ns if anyone but mo question your mc can get charged...call the hotline and talk to someone there...they should be better equiped to help you.

You can find out more details by going to this site to get more details as to what your RIGHTS are as an employee.

There are enough information there to tell you if you qualify to those rights. As you will see if you draw more then $1600 per month or an a manager...there is little you can do and it has alot to do with what your job or what is stated in your appointment letter the descibes your job and the working hours. You have RIGHTS for sure and I think you have a good case here to seek some advice by calling on the Ministry of Labour. They have a department you can consult with to see if you have a case to take against your former company. Some of these companies are ver cunning and would twist the law into their own advantage so speaking with experts at the ministry is your best bet unless one of our fellow forummer happes to work for them thus is a better person to get some quick advices but if not...I would strongly say you should call the ministry up and ask them for guidance and help. Trust me, they will look into those as I have friends who has done so and they got some of these companies to answer for it.

This company sounds like a really whack job. But I would also caution you to NOT MENTION THE COMPANY HERE ( i know it is tempting but it can work against you) if you intend on taking further action with them. Don't give them something to knock you back till you prepare your game plan.

Calm down and act carefully.... good luck

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal/en/communities/workplace_standards/employment_standards.html

Info on how to log a complain against your employer

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/mompo...rds/Advisory_Services_Dispute_Resolution.html

Thanks bro for your advice! I would not mention the name of my company.

Wow so fast all the answers out already hehe :)

I am really thankful to all bros who stepped up and help, thanks again once more...
Tomolo I will need to go to head office and kena questioned why I MC liao...sian! :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.