Ubin

rcheong1282

Jun 30, 2010
West
Hello

I am planning to go over to Ubin tomorrow & will want to walk to Chek Jawa from the jetty taking shots on the way & back.
Any CS members out there can provide any useful information on the interesting places around Ubin for taking nice photos?
Understand that other than Chek Jawa, the top of the Quarry is also good plus some of the beaches, can anyone provide some guidance on the route to take ?

By the way, any free parking during public holidays at the carpark at Changi Village opposite the jetty?

Thanks in advance.
RC

Last edited:
Landscape bro..hike also....

Went to Ubin before...not many things to shoot leh

By the way, any free parking during public holidays at the carpark at Changi Village opposite the jetty?
Which carpark? :bsmilie: Yesterday night I saw the site completely blocked off with some caterpillars inside. You might want to use the other carpark instead.
Regarding good sites: get a map of the island, search the forum here. Not too hard to get some ideas depending on your preferences (which we don't know).

Ok , thanks for the tip Octarine

My understanding is no free parking even on Sunday. Chek Jawa is a very long walk. You might want to rent a bike. One you reach the ubin jetty, walk to the right. There ia a information counter and you can obtain free map of the island from there.

Hello

I am planning to go over to Ubin tomorrow & will want to walk to Chek Jawa from the jetty taking shots on the way & back.
Any CS members out there can provide any useful information on the interesting places around Ubin for taking nice photos?
Understand that other than Chek Jawa, the top of the Quarry is also good plus some of the beaches, can anyone provide some guidance on the route to take ?

Thanks in advance.
RC
not sure abt parking, cause i take public transport.

i recommend u rent a bike at ubin. i'm fine with the 4 bucks one the last time. make sure breaks are working and that tyres are full. try to get a basket for free to put ur stuff inside. also, check weather forcast.

best places? so far i like their butterfly walk, their german girl trail, chekjawa and the village itself. drop by to see the village head, quite a friendly person.

chekjawa walk the boardwalks, not bad for landscape/seascape. provided its the right time. problem with ubin is i'm not sure when is last boat. sunset is always nicest for landscape or sunrise, so must factor that in.