U40 as Main body

Status
Not open for further replies.

dropzone

Mar 13, 2004
I know this sounds stupid, but is the U40 be able to perform as a main body? Keke... Having sold my V1, and downgrading, I hope the faster start-up and the compactness (able to put in a pocket) makes up for the inferior images, and still be able to capture nice shots for web shots. :)

The camera is nice, but the output is terrible. You won't get anything decent out of a camera that does not allow you to select ISO, aperture, does not allow the shutter to open up for something like 15 seconds, tiny CCD and the list goes on.

I have the U40. I think the pic quality is quite good for a cam of that size. As the main body, probably not, well at least not for long. Overall a good cam, esp at the price now.

holeinone said:
I have the U40. I think the pic quality is quite good for a cam of that size. As the main body, probably not, well at least not for long. Overall a good cam, esp at the price now.

I wont be expecting superb quality like the v1, 717 or 828. But I guess it should give pretty decent quality for normal purposes? I wonder will there be some extras for the PC show... Hmmm

But I think it should be ok if I wanna capture a scene and reduce it for blogging, should turn out pretty good. i hope so at least... :)

I have taken some shots with my U40. You can see them here. The outdoor shots will look better than the indoor ones. But dun expect super sharp quality like the V1, 717 or 828 cams.

Actually the yahoo album is not doing much justice to the photos. They look slightly better when opened in a graphic software.

http://sg.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fastswing2003/album?.dir=/79d3&.src=ph

holeinone said:
I have taken some shots with my U40. You can see them here. The outdoor shots will look better than the indoor ones. But dun expect super sharp quality like the V1, 717 or 828 cams.

Actually the yahoo album is not doing much justice to the photos. They look slightly better when opened in a graphic software.

http://sg.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fastswing2003/album?.dir=/79d3&.src=ph

Hehe, maybe you shld upload to imagestation.

www.imagestation.com

its free, and it accepts huge images of up to 5MB per image. :)

i cannot access to the yahoo photos. hmm, strange..

I have the U50, its my secondary camera to my F707
Its very useful to capture those 'candid' moments but image quality from the U-series cameras are not sharp... (maybe i am too used to Carl-Zeiss lens hee hee)

Status
Not open for further replies.