U/W Photography Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthan

May 6, 2003
www.picturecd.com
This sub-forum is so dead recently. I was browsing through the housed u/w camera owner's list and realise that quite a number among us do not own a strobe. Since I have a Sea and Sea DX 90 available, why not run a contest for fun, and the winner gets to use my strobe + arm attachment for a weekend of diving.

Pre-requisite :
1. must be a registered u/w clubsnap member
2. profile updated at the u/w housed camera owner's thread
3. photo submitted must be shot with internal flash / ambient only
4. assume responsibility and liability for any repairs should the strobe malfunction due to your misuse

More details later. Anyone interested? Anyone advising me against this?

Eric

kthan said:
This sub-forum is so dead recently. I was browsing through the housed u/w camera owner's list and realise that quite a number among us do not own a strobe. Since I have a Sea and Sea DX 90 available, why not run a contest for fun, and the winner gets to use my strobe + arm attachment for a weekend of diving.

Pre-requisite :
4. assume responsibility and liability for any repairs should the strobe malfunction due to your misuse

Eric

So kind of u. :thumbsup:

kthan said:

Pre-requisite :

Eric

WOW!!! Awesome :) Really nice of you.

Will be going to Batam this weekend. Will be adding to the Redang pics and hopefully get better shots.

kthan said:

Pre-requisite :

Eric

Good idea mate... good idea... should there be any categories? or ??

i was thinking...
UW pics how to judge? as in like..its not the same as pics taken on dry land :think:

eric's very very generous as always. :D

judging by polling or the oldbirds decision over seed (perhaps like real competition)???

I guess Eric will be more than qualified to judge both macro and wides, so aesthetics and technicality should not be an issue. Heh that covers everything i reckon.!!!! ;)

i was wondering whether should there be a time line for this competition or just photos taken with internal strobes will do. I mean should it start from now? photos of this year.?

just wondering if moderator waisj would like to top the pudding by offering perhaps, say swim trunks? so other divers might have a chance to enjoy during surface interval. good relaxation during SI is good for underwater magic...

just a very silly suggestion. don't mind me. :p

Eric's more than qualified yes. How exciting.

surface interval?? u mean the competition is "live" one ? not those every one shoot OTOT then by a few weeks time then submit entries ? :think:

or do you mean kng's swim trunks?? :D

not a bad idea. would the suggestor further suggest the criteria of the works, and judges? deadlines?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
wah!! SALUTE!!!
though i dun hav a digital camera.. nor a U/W housing.... but i like the idea! thanks eric!

heee...... ;p

so.. whos coming up with the rules and regulation...??

wa lao, say until like that .. i lend you la.. :D

i think the judges should come up with the rules and regulations.. so should we come up with the judges first?? kthan and waisj? one or two more? but like that judges can participate? or should we use voting method so that everyone can participate? maybe we can get some external party to help be judge too? ;p

Photosmart : u wanna sponsor some prizes too?

Beivied : U wanna lend your dive equipment here too ? won't ask u be judge, becos i know u wanna take part for teh fun too!

:D

Posting the details tom, if i can. Some rules :
1. Only pictures taken with internal strobe or in ambient light
2. 2 submissions per contestant.
3. u/w photos can be taken in anywhere at anytime, so long as the contestant is the photographer. Swimming pool doesn't count, only the deep blue
4. Last date of entry submission : 30 June 2004. 12 pm
5. Photoshop is encouraged to enhance the picture.
6. Waisj, what is the ideal size to post the pic?
7. Waisj, Kng and I will be the judge, so naturally the winning picture would be something we like. So do shoot something which you think will cater to our taste. A swimming naked mermaid is a definite winner.
8. The judges and their family do not qualify for this contest. See Beivied and Siaoon, how kind we are to you.
9. the judges' decision is final. However, any bribery or seduction on the part of the contestant will be appreciated, but will not be reciprocated.

Will start a new contest post tom. Let's keep the banal talk to this thread instead . Anyone wants to sponsor some more prizes? Perhaps a 10R print of our best image taken on our coming Lembeh Trip next week, autographed? Wah, sound like macam our u/w photo can make money.

Let the fun begins!

Eric

DTan said:
just wondering if moderator waisj would like to top the pudding by offering perhaps, say swim trunks? so other divers might have a chance to enjoy during surface interval. good relaxation during SI is good for underwater magic...

just a very silly suggestion. don't mind me. :p

Eric's more than qualified yes. How exciting.

:faint: :sweat: ............... er..... swimming trunks????

psst.. wait kng come and bash you ar...... :nono: :D

I'll sponsor the winning picture to be printed in S8R in a lab.

I'll also print 30 of your pictures for free in A4 . (Do note it is Colour laser but in photo quality paper). Colour corrected to your taste.

The ideal size should not more than 700 pixels, on either dimension.

Do mail me your both the original files and the enhanced ones to waisj@clubsnap.org. For those without a hosting site, i will gladly do it for free, for the competition.

The contest entries will be converted into a sticky so as to showcase the photos to those that visit clubsnap.

/Eric do post the contest rules tomorrow and either me or beivied will convert the post into a sticky for all to see.

Sounds great Eric! So how do we submit our pictures ?

kthan said:
7. Waisj, Kng and I will be the judge,
8. The judges and their family do not qualify for this contest.

waisj said:
:faint: :sweat: ............... er..... swimming trunks????

psst.. wait kng come and bash you ar...... :nono: :D

I only suggested that so that kng can take part and WIN so he can claim something back. heehee. he won't bash me...

but now with him as the judge, no chance of retrieval liao...

Kthan has revived UW very well. He has done his efr instructor so proud. great first aid skill kthan!!!!

Now to look for naked mermaid... :devil:

just another suggestion although kthan has briefly stated some rules.

Would u think polling the top 3 images for the judges to decide upon the FINAL piece be more interactive of the sub-forum? Maybe can get more eyes to view...

Of course the 3 judges are most adequate to judge... suggestion suggestion.

actually, I have a suggestion too. May sound silly but what the heck.

Since Mr Tony Wu is also in the forum, maybe we can invite him to be the guest judge? If he is not too busy of course? Of course, I am not saying the present 3 judges no adequate enough la ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.