U/W Photography Competition II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthan

May 6, 2003
www.picturecd.com
Before we decide on the theme and closing date, here's a call for sponsorship of prizes :D

Or we get $2-5 from each participant and the winner takes all, subject to a vote each from the UWCS forummers. Then Waisj and I can take part too.

So, any contributions or suggestions?

Eric

hmm. i personally do not think that it will be advisable to have monetary involvement in this way. there are the complications which include collection of money, verification of identity, possible of multiple identities leading to multiple submissions etc.

we can still use voting method, open to whole of Clubsnap, and if we feel that we need a judge who understands and is proficient at underwater photography, then we may rotate the judges.

then someone please sponsor some prizes ;)

(webspace, webspace, webspace)
hopefully the admin of clubsnap sees this

i have some good news :D

I have spoken to Darren, and he has generously offered some webspace as prizes. Will confirm with you guys later ;)

Hi all,

These are the prizes that Darren and the admins has agreed upon

1 x Premium
1 x Basic
1 x Value

Valid for one year.

We are still finalizing the details and themes for the competitions. So... Watch this space

I will also be talking to a Dive resort for free dives in Bunaken and Lembeh as well.

Cheers and get your silicon grease ready ;)

wah... then the competition sounds like it's hot stuff... very scary. i dare not take part now.... the rest also better not take part. so scary. :p

the prizes serve as encouragement, and of course reward to the deserved. :)

Thank you Darren for the prizes! :D :cheergal:

Hi pple

The details for the UWCS Photography Competition II is finally out. As you all know, Clubsnap has sponsored webhosting space as prizes and they are up for grabs, with the CS webhosting Premium Plan as the prize for the grand finale of 2004. Waisj and I are also working hard to find a sponsor to make the prize even grander for the 2004 finale, but let's get back to the current contest proper.

The theme for this round of competition is clownfish, aka anemonefish, aka NEMO. I am sure all u photographers out there have a shot or 2 on these cute fishes somewhere. Dig them out and post them. You may just win something for it :)

Also, like the first contest, a parallel thread has been created. I know we all have an urge / need to gossip, but let's just keep them to this thread and leave the sticky for photo submission purposes.

Alright, enough said. Let the fun begins!

Eric

No one interested in the competition? Why no posts in that thread, or any thread for that matter?

Also anyone interested in diving Lembeh in Sep with some of our UWCS members? Think got 2-4 spaces left.

Eric

Thanks for organising this competition...I'll try to dig out some Clownies to post..haven't posted any images on a thread before, so I'll also have to figure that out!!! Thanks again!

kenneth76 said:
what is the closing date for submission?

extracted from:U/W Photography Contest II
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This thread is for photo submissions only. No banal talk please

RULES AND INFORMATION:

1. General eligibility: You must be a registered U/W Clubsnap member. Your profile must be updated in the thread “Housed U/W Camera Owners’ List”.
2. The judges are kthan, waisj and darren (CS admin). Judges are not allowed to participate in this contest.
3. Digital entries and scanned film entries are both accepted. Images taken in a swimming pool do not count. Must be in the deep blue.
4. Images must be suitable for all audiences. Images showing harrassment of wildlife will be disqualified.
5. The use of image editing software is highly encouraged, with the goal of striving for better quality and higher realism. If you do more to your image than basic color/contrast adjustments, cropping, sharpening and backscatter removal, please note it in your comments.
6. Each contestant may enter a maximum of two images per contest.
7. Image size must be not more than 600 pixels on the longest side. (eg 600 x 400, 400X600, 580x360)
8. Contestants are to hotlink their image submissions. (Use Photobucket.com or the like). Mail your jpg files to Beivied at beivied@clubsnap.org if you do not have a hosting site. Note format and additional info needed as in the sample image below.
9. The organisers reserve the right to disqualify and/or ban participants for any reason.
10. As non-professional u/w photographers ourselves, selection of winning image will be based on our personal preferrences. Hence do feel free to submit entries you believe cater to our liking

Closing Date : 15 Sep 2004, 12 pm
Theme : Clownfish, aka NEMO
Prize: One-Year CS Webspace Hosting Value Plan
50MB webspace
Pre-installed Photo Gallery
value: $36 per year

kenneth76 said:
what is the closing date for submission?

haven't seen you for a while. 15 Sep. All details in the sticky....

Btw, if u look thru the Who are Divers thread, there is actually quite a lot of UWCS members who just disappeared - Toasty, Kira, Blurblock, Skyjuice (room-mate), scotman, lensman, denizenx, iso, lexham, etc...

Eric

scotsman is still around (at least on icq, hee) and he just posted a manual white balance photo recently.

kthan said:
haven't seen you for a while. 15 Sep. All details in the sticky....

Btw, if u look thru the Who are Divers thread, there is actually quite a lot of UWCS members who just disappeared - Toasty, Kira, Blurblock, Skyjuice (room-mate), scotman, lensman, denizenx, iso, lexham, etc...

Eric

busy lah not much time for diving but might head up to dayang after my gf gets her gear. Maybe shoot some nemo then heh..

kenneth76 said:
busy lah not much time for diving but might head up to dayang after my gf gets her gear. Maybe shoot some nemo then heh..

so after busy selling your C-5050 and busy assemblying your new gears, what are you shooting with now? Canon or Nikon system?

kthan said:
so after busy selling your C-5050 and busy assemblying your new gears, what are you shooting with now? Canon or Nikon system?

Nah since uw photog is still very much a hobby am not housing my slr.
going to start shooting with the 8080

Status
Not open for further replies.