TZ7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Feb 4, 2002
Clementi
Visit site
Just bought a black TZ7 from Parisilk today.

Was debating between TZ7 and the Fujifilm EXR F70 as I was looking for a point and shoot with long zoom. Although the F70 is much cheaper, I was sold on the HD video capture and extra 2x zoom on the TZ7.

Now charging my baby ... can wait to play with it.

Anybody else using this? This is my first Panasonic. The last digicam is a FujiFilm F30 which still works great except for the expensive XD memory card.

tz7.jpg

Anybody else got tips on TZ7 to share with me?

was considering to get a pns.....test it out and post ur findings bro....

What was the price that you paid for the TZ7 ?

Actually I was also considering LX3 & TZ7 when I was buying it. In the end, I choose TZ7 instead. Not because of the price though....

What was the price that you paid for the TZ7 ?

$552 comes with 8Gb SD card and original camera cover. Got it from Parisilk Bedok.

Called MS Colour who quoted me $560 but only has silver colour.

Have you played much with the camera so far. The big day is this Sat when I'll use the 12x zoom to capture my sons' year end concert in HD.

I used to have a Canon camcorder but it conked out ages ago. Transfering the movie from the tapes to computer via a Firewire port is too bloody slow. Nowadays don't want to lug a separate camcorder and a digicam, so just use the latter to shoot short videos.

Try to keep within ISO200 (lighting permitting of course) for best results. Quality detoriate quite rapidly at ISO400.

In good lighting and low ISO, the picture quality from the camera is superb, and the versatility of its 12x zoom is unrivalled.

Don't like zooming for PnS, most of the time I will get blur image. Guess its my hands problem :think:

Hi deadly,

do share yr experience of the TZ7 compared with the F30. I am considering betw TZ7(12x zoom but small sensor) and LX3 (nice formfactor,large sensor). I am currently using a Fujifilm F50d.

Hi Deadly,

I have the Fuji F70EXR at present and it is ok, but, I personally would go for the TZ7 any day picture quality wise in normal situations.

Don't ask why I didn't buy the TZ7 as the answer probably upset a few people :bsmilie:

I am sure you are going to be most pleased with your TZ7 :thumbsup:

Cheers :)

Hi, TZ7 can be used to record HD with sound at the liver concert open air show near durian.
and playback to my 37" plaza Panasonic TV with good results.

Here is my quick updates on the TZ7:

Shot about 100+ photos a max resolution of 10M. Outdoor photos are fantastic, indoor photos using IA needs to watch out for default settings. Most of the times IA works but I have a couple of photos turned out blur.

Night shots are tricky using IA or auto mode. I have not mastered taking night shots w/o tripod yet. Almost all of my night shots turned up very bad.

Pls note that I'm doing all these w/o turning to the manual yet.

Video recording is a snap - this is a key strength of this camera. Using the default video capture setting using AVCHD Lite, it can record more than 1 hr on the standard 8Gb card. On Sat I used this camera to shoot 4 videos during my sons' year end concert performance. I had 2/3 battery life when I started and sad to sad the battery kaput towards the final 3 mins of the finale.

I suspect video taking takes up a lot of battery juice. If need to take a lot of video, better to get another spare higher capacity battery.

The AVCHD videos are in MST format. I had to download the K-Lite codecs in order to view them on WMP11. The videos are wonderful in HD. I was sitting like 50-70m from the stage and I was able to do closeups using the 12x zoom. The stereo mike on the camera captured very good sound too.

Just got a black one yesterday at Best Taka Electrical Fair for S$579 with 2x8GB and a Lumix case plus battery. On top of that I went for 24 months 0% interest free installment!!

Regards

I have a Panasonic TZ7 aka ZS3 for sale
Color : RED
Condition: NEW, box unopened
Reason for sale: already bought it but in the end wife does not agree buying new camera.

Cause bought in USA, so no warranty, no free SD card, but selling cheaper.

asking for 500SGD, negotiable

anyone interested?
this RED color is attactive but not available in Singapore, only available in USA or Japan.. maybe some other places.

Hi Deadly,

I have the Fuji F70EXR at present and it is ok, but, I personally would go for the TZ7 any day picture quality wise in normal situations.

Don't ask why I didn't buy the TZ7 as the answer probably upset a few people :bsmilie:

I am sure you are going to be most pleased with your TZ7 :thumbsup:

Cheers :)

i guess you meant to say TZ7 cannot accept 3rd party batteries ?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599990&highlight=panasonic+TZ7

Status
Not open for further replies.