TZ3 or FX33??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennmail

Mar 15, 2007
Hi, need some advice from you senior bros. Wonder if anyone has news of FX33's launch date and price? Was thinking if FX33 would make it for the coming PC show/ IT fair? I like the TZ3 for its 10x optical zoom but its pricey :sticktong and some reviews mention the pics taken arent tt good if you zoom all the way n shoot. On the other hand, FX33's Intelligent Auto Mode interests me. This function.. if works accurately and properly would give FX33 a :vhappy: BIG plus! Otherwise if it doesnt function properly when u take pics at diff scenes, it would be as good as nothing :hung:

dont count on PC show having good discount; i too waited for PC/ IT show to get my FZ50 only to realise it is cheaper outside :(

dont count on PC show having good discount; i too waited for PC/ IT show to get my FZ50 only to realise it is cheaper outside :(

true in a sense...i see they nv reali lower the price.... just give more accessories. Anyone knows where to buy it cheap other den ms color?

I am a new user of TZ3 and I really love the zoom functions. Takes you to places you have never seen before. But you need a very steady hand to ensure a clear shot. Night shot and indoor shot are not great but good enough. Day shot with zoom is extremely nice. If you can have a try, try out on the 3MP 15x optical zoom, wonderful.

I am a new user of TZ3 and I really love the zoom functions. Takes you to places you have never seen before. But you need a very steady hand to ensure a clear shot. Night shot and indoor shot are not great but good enough. Day shot with zoom is extremely nice. If you can have a try, try out on the 3MP 15x optical zoom, wonderful.

TZ3 got 15x Optical zoom ??

it's a "digital zoom". optical zoom is only 10x. the 15x is equivalent to taking a pic at full 10x zoom and then crop the centre portion of it. Now, even DSLRs from Nikon has such a feature, normally found in consumer digicams.

But you need a very steady hand to ensure a clear shot. Night shot and indoor shot are not great but good enough. Day shot with zoom is extremely nice. If you can have a try, try out on the 3MP 15x optical zoom, wonderful.

I am surprised as Panasonic cams has mega O.I.S and still requires a very steady hand for shooting with this cam :think:

it's a "digital zoom". optical zoom is only 10x. the 15x is equivalent to taking a pic at full 10x zoom and then crop the centre portion of it. Now, even DSLRs from Nikon has such a feature, normally found in consumer digicams.

bro i dun think it's digital zoom.

that's because the user reduce the MP to 3mp thus activated the "EZ"(Extra Zoom) feature. the 15x zoom comes solely from the optics instead of digitally crop.

"digitally zooming 1.5x": 7 MP divide by 1.5 and divide again by 1.5 = 3MP

It's from cropping the centre 3MP of the 7MP image to have the equivalent of 15x zoom. If purely from optics (which panasonic listed as 10x optical zoom), it'll be 7MP.

DPReview listed the "extra zoom" under digital zoom too (just another naming by Panasonic):
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonictz3/

"digitally zooming 1.5x": 7 MP divide by 1.5 and divide again by 1.5 = 3MP

It's from cropping the centre 3MP of the 7MP image to have the equivalent of 15x zoom. If purely from optics (which panasonic listed as 10x optical zoom), it'll be 7MP.

DPReview listed the "extra zoom" under digital zoom too (just another naming by Panasonic):
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonictz3/

i see.. so meaning that is watever pic which is shoot is actually not full size? or picture quality will be degraded if enter this EZ mode?

no degradation of the picture quality, just a smaller size. it's something that could be done using a software too, so not really an important feature.

I am surprised as Panasonic cams has mega O.I.S and still requires a very steady hand for shooting with this cam :think:
why surprise? even with MOIS, it will always be a challenge to hold something like a 10x zoom lens. :dunno:

especially when shooting with LCD!!!! it's steadier for long lenses when u shoot with viewfinders, cos ur arms could be tucked close to body for better support.

Status
Not open for further replies.