Type of Photo Shoot u looking for


Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2002
272
0
0
40
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
#1
Its me again....

just would like to know, the type of studio session and outing each and every new and old birds are looking forward to....

For Example:

Studio
1) Still Life (Glassware, pewter, fruits,etc)
2) Pets (Fishes, Dogs, Cats,etc)
3) Model (Baby, kids, Fashion, Swim Wear,etc)

Out Door
1) Model (Baby, kids, Fashion, Swim Wear,etc)
2) Nature
3) Sports

if there is anyone with new ideas??
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#2
Outdoor - Model(fashion theme) on rooftop with sunset as background.

Indoor - Model(fashion theme) with greater involvement by participants eg. deciding the lighting, pose, mood, props, etc.

The above suggestions may involve more time for planning/coordination and, alas, higher costs.
 

May 22, 2002
272
0
0
40
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
#3
reachme2003 said:
Outdoor - Model(fashion theme) on rooftop with sunset as background.

Indoor - Model(fashion theme) with greater involvement by participants eg. deciding the lighting, pose, mood, props, etc.

The above suggestions may involve more time for planning/coordination and, alas, higher costs.

the outdoor shoot u mention.... it won't worth if getting paid model. as u can never read the weather and u can't cancel the session just because the sunset "spoil the show".... i would suggest get your friends who have the time for u.... creat a good picture for them... they will love it....

as for studio session "participants to decide the lighting, pose, mood, props", i would suggest that a group of guys plan a session and get EVERYTHING ready and engage a model would be easier and more comfortable and MORE cheaper... if there is a need to engeage someone who knows studio equiptment, it will be a great help for u guys to have better pictures end of the day....

getting clubs to plan an event for "participants to plan for their session" is not much visible. if the club entertain a small group of participants, ie 5, what about the other 5. they may not like it. hence, we can foresee that "it will be a plan of "mass argument" photo session... "

we do accept comment... as i have seen, quite a number of the previous session photographer are interested in the Theme "Dancer"... they have enjoy and i'm searching another dancer for the coming session...

we plan the session is to:
1) enjoy ourselves
2) have photo end of the day
3) learn some tips
4) of course, not to lose money.....
 

mattlock

Senior Member
Feb 28, 2004
1,871
0
0
www.superhyperreal.com
#4
hi I'm a dancer myself and have a great number of dancer friends, male and female, from all sorts of dance backgrounds
if you need certain kinds of dancers you can contact me, and we can work something out.
 

May 22, 2002
272
0
0
40
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
#6
airnosaj said:
I am more game for sports...best if during the day :D
am planning one for Aug's outing.... stay tune for the update....

planning for bikers at bukit timah area and arranging for bikers....
 

Paul_Yeo

Senior Member
Feb 27, 2004
2,155
0
0
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
#7
for me, my photoshoot is actual day weddings. i find that shooting wedding is the most enjoyable as seeing the happy grooms and brides :D

like church weddings mostly bcos of the cute flower gals and page boyboy :cool:
 

JAG

New Member
Jun 18, 2004
393
0
0
SG
www.pbase.com
#8
enjoyed sundays session. was great.
my vote;

Studio
Model (Fashion, Swim Wear,)
or
Out Door
Model (Swim Wear,sports wear)
Sports
 

May 22, 2002
272
0
0
40
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
#9
JAG said:
enjoyed sundays session. was great.
my vote;

Studio
Model (Fashion, Swim Wear,)
or
Out Door
Model (Swim Wear,sports wear)
Sports
in my view, swim wear is not a problem... just that, we are trying to promote Art in photography. As most people nowadays see photography with "Lust" and not art. in which we are trying to minimise it. Model, good lighting and good compostition create good picture.... which means, model is only 1/3 reason to bring out a good photo. if u have a world class model, without the other 2, your picture won't come out good also.....

as most people should have seen the case.... when comes to swim wear, its usually fully book, when comes to art, there are MORE than enough empty slots which makes organiser pay extra.... i think most organiser have face this problem also...

earning is a bouns for us. that's is why we keep the fees low to attract more photographer. if there is chance, i'll bring my portfoilo to show different lightings can create different mood and picture for different model in ART.... :lovegrin:

of course for me, i prefer art. that is where i started.

my quote is start from BASIC.... :think:
 

JAG

New Member
Jun 18, 2004
393
0
0
SG
www.pbase.com
#10
Actually, I would still attend any studio sessions (those just my prefference) as I would still like to learn or see how you do all the light setup and the way you direct the model (in what ever form). The prices are good and its a way to learn from observation.
Bring your portfoilo for newbies to have a look. It will give some ideas of the ways one can create "the image"."
BASICALLY, need to practise and shoot more, NOT rapid fire(DSLR),,He He,, but shoot several shots and go back review and see what one likes or does not like. Improve for the next time....
The whole experience of, time constraints when shooting, not moving out of the flash sensor activation zone and framing the photo correctly(ie no roof or outside props seen), was good learning.
Surely not so blur for next session:)

See u the next time...
 

airnosaj

New Member
Dec 26, 2003
121
0
0
Singapore
www.jason.sg
#11
reignman77 said:
am planning one for Aug's outing.... stay tune for the update....

planning for bikers at bukit timah area and arranging for bikers....
Woah...cool man..lemme know...btw, I am one of those that attended the Sunday afternoon session...great learning experience..thanks :D
Also just joined your photography club and looking foward for more sessions...and learning from the pros
 

May 22, 2002
272
0
0
40
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
#12
JAG said:
Actually, I would still attend any studio sessions (those just my prefference) as I would still like to learn or see how you do all the light setup and the way you direct the model (in what ever form). The prices are good and its a way to learn from observation.
Bring your portfoilo for newbies to have a look. It will give some ideas of the ways one can create "the image"."
BASICALLY, need to practise and shoot more, NOT rapid fire(DSLR),,He He,, but shoot several shots and go back review and see what one likes or does not like. Improve for the next time....
The whole experience of, time constraints when shooting, not moving out of the flash sensor activation zone and framing the photo correctly(ie no roof or outside props seen), was good learning.
Surely not so blur for next session:)

See u the next time...
ok... see u....
 

May 22, 2002
272
0
0
40
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
#13
airnosaj said:
Woah...cool man..lemme know...btw, I am one of those that attended the Sunday afternoon session...great learning experience..thanks :D
Also just joined your photography club and looking foward for more sessions...and learning from the pros
good... thanks....
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#14
reignman77 said:
the outdoor shoot u mention.... it won't worth if getting paid model. as u can never read the weather and u can't cancel the session just because the sunset "spoil the show".... i would suggest get your friends who have the time for u.... creat a good picture for them... they will love it....

as for studio session "participants to decide the lighting, pose, mood, props", i would suggest that a group of guys plan a session and get EVERYTHING ready and engage a model would be easier and more comfortable and MORE cheaper... if there is a need to engeage someone who knows studio equiptment, it will be a great help for u guys to have better pictures end of the day....

getting clubs to plan an event for "participants to plan for their session" is not much visible. if the club entertain a small group of participants, ie 5, what about the other 5. they may not like it. hence, we can foresee that "it will be a plan of "mass argument" photo session... "

we do accept comment... as i have seen, quite a number of the previous session photographer are interested in the Theme "Dancer"... they have enjoy and i'm searching another dancer for the coming session...

we plan the session is to:
1) enjoy ourselves
2) have photo end of the day
3) learn some tips
4) of course, not to lose money.....
For scheduled photoshoot sessions, will participants be given the opportunity and a free hand in lightings and setup of lightings with supervision, where needed. Preference for contemporary lightings as opposed to classical style.

No wish to be involved in club politics.
 

May 22, 2002
272
0
0
40
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
#15
reachme2003 said:
For scheduled photoshoot sessions, will participants be given the opportunity and a free hand in lightings and setup of lightings with supervision, where needed. Preference for contemporary lightings as opposed to classical style.

No wish to be involved in club politics.
"will participants be given the opportunity and a free hand in lightings and setup of lightings with supervision"

Nope. as this is not a lesson or workshop. participant will not be allow to hands on the lightings.....

we will guide them on photo shoots and correct the error...
 

airnosaj

New Member
Dec 26, 2003
121
0
0
Singapore
www.jason.sg
#16
Pro-New said:
drop by at the club this friday evening if you have the time, there is a course assessment session going on.
Aiya..can't go :( ...have something on every Friday evening. Do let me know next time tho...always interested in stuffs like this :D
 

T16

New Member
Jun 28, 2004
1,339
0
0
47
studiofriend.com
#19
reignman77 said:
in my view, swim wear is not a problem... just that, we are trying to promote Art in photography. As most people nowadays see photography with "Lust" and not art. in which we are trying to minimise it. Model, good lighting and good compostition create good picture.... which means, model is only 1/3 reason to bring out a good photo. if u have a world class model, without the other 2, your picture won't come out good also.....

as most people should have seen the case.... when comes to swim wear, its usually fully book, when comes to art, there are MORE than enough empty slots which makes organiser pay extra.... i think most organiser have face this problem also...

earning is a bouns for us. that's is why we keep the fees low to attract more photographer. if there is chance, i'll bring my portfoilo to show different lightings can create different mood and picture for different model in ART.... :lovegrin:

of course for me, i prefer art. that is where i started.

my quote is start from BASIC.... :think:

Hope to see more of your studio session, will sure support u as long as I could make it there.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom