Type of Blower + Cost?

MachCurve

Oct 26, 2011
Hi,

Just wondering, are there different kinds of blowers out there? If so, should I buy a stronger blower so dust stuck in the image sensor can be "blown" out more effectively?

Anyone knows the average cost of a blower?

Thanks in advance :)

Type of blower..Just get those normal rocket looking blower will be good enough. I got mine for $15. (Consider quite ex already).
If im not wrong..There are some kind of blower that cost up till $80..well dont need that.

Thanks. I used a Canon blower (freebie for my PnS bought years back) to blow off dust from the image sensor but while one or two spots disappeared, there were noticeable spots which remained - hence the question on whether I should go for a blower which is "more powerful"?

Giottos rocket air blower

Well...if u need a stronger blower.this Giottos Rocket blower is pretty good.Got mine from SLRR in Funan Centre for $14.The smaller one costs $12,mine is the bigger sized one.Not too sure whether has the price change or not.TS might want to go down there & check it out.Hope this helps!

I use the Swiss AF 18666 (it's light blue with rubber coated tip). Should retail around $14-$18 around Peninsula area. When I was choosing, I took into account where I would use it (I would bring it out with me, so it should be small enough; those big and long-nosed types were ruled out), and the quality feel when use (some feel plasticky when compressed, this AF is nice and firm). I'm probably nitpicking, but I'm paying money buying one and it should last for several years. PM me if you want to see how it looks like

Thanks all! You guys know whether Challenger sells these? Or do I have to make a trip down to a camera shop?

Just make a trip down to Funan Centre.You can browse thru the whole building to check it out.SLRR should be on the 3rd level for the Giottos Rocket blower.I think Challenger sells those normal kind only.You can go take a look there too.Good Luck!

Thanks guys! I just bought 1 for about $10+, it comes with a microfiber cloth and a "Streak Free Cleaning Solution". Just wondering, is it okay to use a microfiber cloth to clean the UV filter of my lens? Do I have to use the cleaning solution as well? If so, is it safe for use on the uv filter?