twosome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

igpenguin

Jan 30, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi,

taipei_mrt_02.jpg

I like the shot. Very sensitive piece of work. Perhaps you should have approach the people or move nearer to your subjects. This perhaps will get you more shooting opportunities. I think you should look at Horomix's work.. I think you can relate to her work. I a fan of her work too.

Thanks! I personally like the first shot the most from the trip. My friends liked it too.

Actually there was a better shot of the same two persons, subjectively at least 100 times better, which I completely missed. My finger lingered on the shutter but for some reason I could not press it down, and it was not due to mechanical fault.

These shots were taken with a Yashica SLR with 24mm lens.

So I can still work on becoming a better photographer.

Where can I find Horomix's works?

i like the lighting in the picture...but think would look betta if the two ladies were standing right infront of the cam instead. well juz my opinion

Originally posted by punscum
i like the lighting in the picture...but think would look betta if the two ladies were standing right infront of the cam instead. well juz my opinion

but then u would lose / see less of the surreal backdrop that gives the picture a context. without it it would just be another shot of 2 girls talking.

Originally posted by igpenguin
Thanks! I personally like the first shot the most from the trip. My friends liked it too.

Actually there was a better shot of the same two persons, subjectively at least 100 times better, which I completely missed. My finger lingered on the shutter but for some reason I could not press it down, and it was not due to mechanical fault.

These shots were taken with a Yashica SLR with 24mm lens.

So I can still work on becoming a better photographer.

Where can I find Horomix's works?

I also own a 24mm distagon. Good lens. The other time I found Hiromix was in Borders. It is very difficult to get her book in Singapore. Alternatively, you can import her book in throught Kinokuniya of borders. I got mine through ordering from Kinokuniya. I can try to send you some images from her book when I'm free.

Originally posted by excentrique

I also own a 24mm distagon. Good lens. The other time I found Hiromix was in Borders. It is very difficult to get her book in Singapore. Alternatively, you can import her book in throught Kinokuniya of borders. I got mine through ordering from Kinokuniya. I can try to send you some images from her book when I'm free.

er... i am using a third party lens (a vivitar), but i love it too! my auto system sits at home when i travel ;p

thanks for offering to send her images. i will keep a lookout myself too!

what camera body are you using?

Originally posted by igpenguin

er... i am using a third party lens (a vivitar), but i love it too! my auto system sits at home when i travel ;p

thanks for offering to send her images. i will keep a lookout myself too!

what camera body are you using?

Haahaa... me using yashica body too. Didn't know the color or Vivitar could be this rich! BTW, can can find hiromix mix at the few sites:

www.photoarts.com/journal/romano/hiro/

www.postmedia.net/999/hiromix.htm

www.photojpn.org/books/themes.html

enjoy these sites can tell me what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.