Two spot printing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

Mar 30, 2004
Hi. My english teacher is publishing another poetry book, except this time he added a red to the cover (instead of the usual black and white etc..). he wants to have it two spot printed, or duotone, so it'd be cheaper. By two spot printing I mean having two printing plates, one red and one black.

i've tried going grayscale>duotone, but it messes the colours up (with the red going into the black and white picture of a girl). should i select the reds seperately with the magic wand, invert selection and delete the reds? so i'd have one image with just the reds on it and one image with black and whites. it's kind of difficult but innacurate.

any suggestions? Help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

sphinx said:
Hi. My english teacher is publishing another poetry book, except this time he added a red to the cover (instead of the usual black and white etc..). he wants to have it two spot printed, or duotone, so it'd be cheaper. By two spot printing I mean having two printing plates, one red and one black.

i've tried going grayscale>duotone, but it messes the colours up (with the red going into the black and white picture of a girl). should i select the reds seperately with the magic wand, invert selection and delete the reds? so i'd have one image with just the reds on it and one image with black and whites. it's kind of difficult but innacurate.

any suggestions? Help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

simple, seperate the red items from the BW items into layers (Layer 1 for red items, Layer 2 for those requring the spot color)

Convert to grayscale (do not flatten) den save layer 1 for the red spot printing and layer 2 for BW..

viix said:
simple, seperate the red items from the BW items into layers (Layer 1 for red items, Layer 2 for those requring the spot color)

Convert to grayscale (do not flatten) den save layer 1 for the red spot printing and layer 2 for BW..

thanks for replying

seperate using the magic wand/lasso tool? or is there a quicker easier way?

sphinx said:
thanks for replying

seperate using the magic wand/lasso tool? or is there a quicker easier way?

depends on how ur image is laid out. simple red block over bw picture, den wand it.. but if 2 tone photo den u gotta channel remove one by one.. or u could mask.. many ways to do one thing.
either post the pic here or if the file is small, pm me, I'll do it for u lol

Status
Not open for further replies.