Two new cameras, Three new lenses ?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sircam

May 21, 2007
Came across these printed pages in a Japanese photo-gear magazine. These pages have been photographed with a mobile phone.

I'm just posting them here because I find the information interesting. The pages look quite real to my eyes. But I don't know Japanese so maybe someone who does can translate.

Funny thing is this... when I originally linked to these pages from the actual source... the pages disappeared soon thereafter.

Luckily I had the same saved in my browser's cache... so could link to them here for us all to analyze. Keep in mind that this could be just another rumor, or a 'planned teaser' or a leak of the real thing to be announced soon.

Mobile Image 01:

4344154668_fd6a0f45c2_o.jpg

Mobile Image 02:

4343417829_a0878dc64f_o.jpg

If real, I'll be buying the DA*10-16mm f4.... :lovegrin:

But somehow the pics of the lenses don't look too convincing.

Are they saying that they're 90% sure that the 645 is finally going to launch, and that there's a "30% chance" rumour that there's going to be a K-m2?

But somehow the pics of the lenses don't look too convincing.

Pics may not be convincing... maybe! But I can bet that these are indeed images of real printed pages of a magazine. But it does not mean the information printed is actually authentic!

Until someone who can read Japanese comes along and translates for us, the look on my face will remain like this :confused: !!

omg. 850,000 yen for 645 and 80000 yen for km2? That's.. 12k and 1.2k!

its medium format lor, the price sounds about right, the digital back for medium format already how much. I last heard was 20k.

If 12k and can use current mamiya medium format lens, I sure poison my uncle to buy then sell me his 5dmkII he he he.

Last edited:
28mm f/2 :heart:

+1 on that.
That 20mm f/2 is also impressive.
Let's hope it becomes reality in 2010.
Multiply the focal lengths by 1.5 crop factor and you get some interesting numbers...

Replacements for fa 31 and fa 43?

Is K-2 or K-m2?
a update of K-7?

These rumors have been all over the internet in the past 2 days. You can pretty much find them at almost any photography forum.

As to if they are real, only time and Hoya can tell. But one thing for sure, the 645D will come very soon, and the price will be very attractive. For the rest, you can use your imagination :D

K-m2 sounds like an updated version of K-m... but doesn't make sense with the secondary LCD. hmm..

@Baracus

You are correct. Its not as if most of us can really afford DA*. If they are going to release affordable primes similar to FA50 and FA35 then maybe we will really get excited.

+2 on that! I been wanting to get something along that focal length since I used the Panasonic 20mm F1.7.:)

28mm f/2 :heart:

+1 on that.
That 20mm f/2 is also impressive.
Let's hope it becomes reality in 2010.
Multiply the focal lengths by 1.5 crop factor and you get some interesting numbers...

One thing I just noticed... the drawing of the 645 matches the real thing seen on other websites. Does that mean the other drawing of the K-m2 is also a fact which will be announced soon?!?!?!

The three new lenses also make a lot of commercial sense for the Pentax line-up... come to think of it. Hopefully the info on these pages is true. Time will soon tell anyways!

BTW... any Japanese translator amongst us?!?!?!

Last edited:
One thing I just noticed... the drawing of the 645 matches the real thing seen on other websites. Does that mean the other drawing of the K-m2 is also a fact which will be announced soon?!?!?!

The three new lenses also make a lot of commercial sense for the Pentax line-up... come to think of it. Hopefully the info on these pages is true. Time will soon tell anyways!

BTW... any Japanese translator amongst us?!?!?!

Then you don't know Pentax well :) Pentax seldom does things that make commercial sense at all.

Then you don't know Pentax well :) Pentax seldom does things that make commercial sense at all.

Sigh! If true, then I feel sorry for Pentax... they could just end up frittering away another great opportunity to rise some notches fast and easy... especially while the sun is shining upon them at the moment.

However, I sincerely hope the new Hoya management is different from the old Pentax management. Only time will tell I guess. :)

k-2 looks funny, it looks like a mix up of k-x, k-m and k20d. which is already outdated. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.