Two Birds at JBP - 17 April 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Spend half a day at JBP (and took more than 200+ shots), only these two are presentable:-

Jango

Apr 2, 2002
www.pbase.com
Nice pics. I find the border distracting though.

siron

Mar 18, 2002
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Jango
Nice pics. I find the border distracting though.
I feel the same way too.. not the white backing but the words on them.
Try to keep the words to the min at just a corner.. and try not to use fancy style.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
darren, I like the 1st picute. For the 2nd one, I like the bird to be bigger, because the color of the bird is only black and white. If it is bigger, it will be more interesting. wat do u think?

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
Hey, its the Cinnamon Bittern at the lotus pond :) Looks like the little guy hangs around there a lot. Gotta go back and try a get a better shot of it.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Originally posted by ninelives
darren, I like the 1st picute. For the 2nd one, I like the bird to be bigger, because the color of the bird is only black and white. If it is bigger, it will be more interesting. wat do u think?
agree with you - but thats the problem with fixed focal length lenses - cannot zoom in and out at will - unlike your 50-500 superzoom.

in this instance, i had taken off the 1.4x TC because felt that it was too long for the larger birds in this enclosure (and it was feeding time, so lots of activity). If i had used the TC, the bird would have filled the frame.

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
Darren: Like the first one plenty. I dunno about the second shot. I think the cropping is fine as it is, I just think it's a very descriptive shot and that's about it... the background is not spectacular, the pose is not spectacular and the lighting is not spectacular. It's technically a good shot, just not outstanding. I do like the first one however!

Status
Not open for further replies.