twinkle twinkle little stars...

EternalDreams

May 7, 2012
1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
exposure? too blown out in some areas? overedit in pp? framing? any other areas of improvements?
2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
I was trying to bring out this "unseen side" of Singapore's nightview, as these "starscapes" are rarely seen in bustling, modernised cities such as Singapore. A stark change from the conventional method of presenting/processing these types of night shots :)
3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken?
Gift of Time exhibition at Tanjong Pagar Railway station
4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
I personally think that the blend of the various colours in this picture makes it unique and eye catching.. Not sure about how the rest feel about this though (an amateur D90 owner ><)

twinkle twinkle little stars by Eternal*Dreams, on Flickr

thanks!

Last edited:
any forms of c&cs are welcomed!

Horrible PP for my taste. Might look nice on a wanna-be-princess 13 year-old gal's blog where all the does is show off her food and korean makeup buys.

Horrible PP for my taste. Might look nice on a wanna-be-princess 13 year-old gal's blog where all the does is show off her food and korean makeup buys.

The colours are garish maybe but....

by goodness, if those stars are 100% authentic and not added post, great job on that front!

The colours are garish maybe but....

by goodness, if those stars are 100% authentic and not added post, great job on that front!

Of course they are all added in post.

PP overdone, not nature to our eye.

Nope. Doesn't work for me. it doesn't look "real" with the psychedelic colors. staring at it for too long might even strain my eyes.

Over saturated with lower part of the building cropped

You should have used a wide angle lens

Over saturated with lower part of the building cropped
i didn't even intend for it to look/feel natural in the first place, more abstract approach to the conventional way of looking at boring old photos (oh u must have the correct exposure settings etc)
btw the lower part of the building was cropped as when i was taking this photo then, i couldn't find a spot where cars are not obstructing my view. thought tat it would add further distraction to the photo, hence cropped it off

I don't mind if you add the stars / add colors into the night sky during PP, but it's overly saturated, especially the buildings.

i didn't even intend for it to look/feel natural in the first place, more abstract approach to the conventional way of looking at boring old photos (oh u must have the correct exposure settings etc)
btw the lower part of the building was cropped as when i was taking this photo then, i couldn't find a spot where cars are not obstructing my view. thought tat it would add further distraction to the photo, hence cropped it off

Abstract and being natural or not are different things. You can be abstract and natural at the same time.

Very often people use abstract as a front for a bad shot.

My eyes..this reminds me of one of those animated cartoons advertising Disney world with the castle n fireworks....i would remove all the over saturated portions can live tthe stars there without the insane pink.dark blue is more natural..

Just to be frank..

It looks over saturated and overdone and the sky is kinda over-expose.
On the bottom right, there's a stick or something that stick out.. It looks kinda distracting..
Too many things on the picture and there isn't a focus area..

Hope you don't mind.. :)
There is always rooms for improve!
All the Best!

CHEERS! :D

keep this image for 5 years,
than you re-look at it,
you should able to find out the answer yourself by than.

btw, if you won't laugh at your old works, probably you didn't progress much.