Twin cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolin

Sep 1, 2008
Pasir Ris
This picture was taken when i was in malaysia. i noticed that this coffeeshop owner had a lot of cats and these 2 in particular caught my eye.
It was one of my prouder captures as i loved the expression of the cats and framing of the shot but recently, i realised that the table legs were at all the wrong places!
Two going into the cat's heads and one going into the butt of the cat in the background.

3091329755_9666408ac4.jpg

1/20s , f1.8 , iso400 , 80mm ( 35mm equiv)

I tried using clone stamp to get rid of it but it came out looking very fake.
So, i need your help to tell me if the table legs are really too distracting or is it fine as they're out of focus.
Snd also, how to remove if using photoshop if you know how to.
Comments on any other aspects of the picture are very welcome too. thanks :D

nice cats and good use of limited dof

but the table legs spoil your otherwise nice shot
PSing it away is not a choice i would make, it would be best to look through your viewfinder and notice it before you press the shutter.

my imagination tells me, that if you had a lower angle of view and slightly to the left, the resulting image would be better composition wise
also i believe that that angle of view would get the eye contact of the cat in the foreground

the table legs are badly positioned. because of perspective, and you yourself acknowledge it, it seems more like you are trying to make a statement about table legs and torturing cats.

anyhow, a lower perpsective would have improved this for sure. :) and the exposure seems a little under, maybe dial it up half a stop.

thanks ortega and night86mare for your comments.
in the future i'll be more careful so that i wont make such mistakes anymore.
i wanted to get lower too but the floor was wet so i didn't wanna get really low and didn't think of using lv to frame my shots. anyway, i've just tried photoshopping it out and i just wanna ask if its obvious?

3138265972_4a47572fde.jpg

i did it by cutting and pasting. clone stamp didn't work out well when i tried it.
thanks for your time :D

it looks fine but i'm not sure whether it will hold up large

nvm im not planning to print it large anyway. thanks!

wow.. ur photoshop skill is good... i can't tell at all

haha thanks, but i'm not good at it yet. i just like removing distractions from my pics and i've got patience when it comes to that.
all i did was copy and paste ares of my picture. :D

Last edited:
thanks wyred and PersianCatz! glad you liked them

Status
Not open for further replies.